I have a bb pearl through at&t. My husband added himself as a contact on my phone just fine, but it won't work with my sister's. My husband and I both have the BB data plan, and my sis does have data on her phone (she can access the internet and everything), but it's with at&t's media bundle, not bb's. I have sent several requests to add my sis, but she's not getting them and she sent one for me, but i haven't gotten it either. Is there something we're doing wrong? We're trying to add by pin #'s.
    05-22-08 06:54 PM
    I'm not familiar with the AT&T media bundle, but it sounds like you're doing everything right. I have a sneaking suspision that it's the AT&T media bundle. Have you tried adding anybody else on a different network?
    05-23-08 12:07 PM
    nope, See, the only other people I know w/ a bb is my husband, and of course, he's with AT&T, so no, I havent.
    05-23-08 01:28 PM
    I have a bb pearl through at&t. My husband added himself as a contact on my phone just fine, but it won't work with my sister's. My husband and I both have the BB data plan, and my sis does have data on her phone (she can access the internet and everything), but it's with at&t's media bundle, not bb's. I have sent several requests to add my sis, but she's not getting them and she sent one for me, but i haven't gotten it either. Is there something we're doing wrong? We're trying to add by pin #'s.
    Try doing a battery pull and deleting the original request and resending one. I was having trouble yesterday and after I pulled the battery, deleted the original request and sent another one, all was good.
    05-23-08 02:12 PM
    My friend and I had the same problem and come to find out her O.S. was not up to date and couldn't handle the contact in BBM; have your friend update her O.S. and I betcha it would work Have a good day
    05-23-08 02:29 PM
    I believe the Blackberry data plan is required, as the BB Messenger uses the RIM servers, not the wireless provider's.
    05-23-08 02:37 PM
    With at&t you have to have a blackberry plan to use blackberry messanger. The regular media plan doesn't give you the ability to connect to the RIM relay which is what you need for BBM
    05-23-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD