Hello

I don't know how to use the BB Messenger in my new BB 8110.
    I have a data plan and the icon of BB Messenger, but my requests didn't arrive to my friends and I can't accept their invitations because I don't have a way to.

It's impossible to use it? When I try to download a new version, the web said I dont' have 4.1 or 4.0; but I have the 4.5.0.37 software.

I don't understand.

Thanks for help
    09-16-09 05:17 PM
    on that version OS I wouldn't dare install the beta BBM5. Especially since you are new to BlackBerry anyway. Try going to options, advanced options, host routing table, press the menu key, select register now. Wait a minute after your email reception, pull the battery, wait another minute and replace your battery. Then it should work for you.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:58 PM
    just to add to wolf there as everything he said is correct, if you still wish to have bbm 5 youll need to upgrade your os to atleast .131 or higher, theres a thread in this section of the forum to get the os then follow the instructions in the how to titled, proper upgrade/downgrade procedure, i would post link but its not working right
    09-16-09 10:55 PM
    I installed it with a low OS. nothing happened. it didn't work but the phone didnt smoke or become a paper weight
    just adding
    09-17-09 06:27 PM
    I don't undertsand, but for Telefonica Movistar (TM) in Spain, it doesn't work. The upgrade in the web is lower than you recommend.

And the advice of Big Wolfe doesn't work at all.

Maybe my company don't let me have the BB Messenger.

Do I am wrong?
    Any other option or idea?

Thanks!
    09-25-09 03:43 PM
    I installed it with a low OS. nothing happened. it didn't work but the phone didnt smoke or become a paper weight
    just adding
    Yes but you loose your bbm it won't work

09-25-09 03:46 PM
    I don't undertsand, but for Telefonica Movistar (TM) in Spain, it doesn't work. The upgrade in the web is lower than you recommend.

And the advice of Big Wolfe doesn't work at all.

Maybe my company don't let me have the BB Messenger.

Do I am wrong?
    Any other option or idea?

Thanks!
    It is possible they do let you have BB messenger if its through a company you would have to ask them if you could get it

09-25-09 03:48 PM
    Yes but you loose your bbm it won't work

not if you reinstall OS or update OS
    09-25-09 03:57 PM
    not if you reinstall OS or update OS
    That's why we said to update your os to avoid having to reinstall your os trying to save him some time

09-25-09 04:06 PM
    The original post I had said that it doesn't brick your phone when you install 5.0 becuase Wolf said he wouldn't dare. I thought I provided some helpful info that could come in handy in the future. Clearly I was wrong about the info being helpful. I'm sorry

09-25-09 04:20 PM
    The original post I had said that it doesn't brick your phone when you install 5.0 becuase Wolf said he wouldn't dare. I thought I provided some helpful info that could come in handy in the future. Clearly I was wrong about the info being helpful. I'm sorry
    Live and learn brother, I know people who have run it on lower OS, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

09-25-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD