Hello, I'm Bethany. (: I'm new to CB. I was wondering if, under the data plan, I could use the Messenger. I have unlimited SMS and MMS. I also have email/internet, but it isn't set up and I'd rather it stay that way. Does the Messenger require email or internet? I have the plan where it costs per MB and it's really expensive.
    03-13-09 05:08 PM
    BB Messenger and the other IM applications all use data now...
    03-13-09 05:09 PM
    So, it does require internet? Or just to have the data package?

Sorry, I'm kind of new to the data package.
    03-13-09 05:11 PM
    You pay by the MB? That's got be expensive! I wouldn't use BBM then
    03-13-09 05:12 PM
    Yes, that's apart of the data plan. If you have an unlimited data plan, you're covered...
    03-13-09 05:13 PM
    Okay, thanks so much, Sultan. I won't use it then.
    03-13-09 05:14 PM
    You pay by the MB? That's got be expensive! I wouldn't use BBM then
    I thought they stopped doing that in the US? Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
    03-13-09 05:14 PM
    So, it does require internet? Or just to have the data package?

Sorry, I'm kind of new to the data package.
    I think you're confusing what the "internet" and "data" are. I would read up in the blackberry 101 lecture series a bit too.

The "internet" is a big place consisting of a lot of tubes where you can use the google. A Data plan allows you to access those tubes. BBM uses a data plan.
    03-13-09 05:15 PM
    I think you're confusing what the "internet" and "data" are. I would read up in the blackberry 101 lecture series a bit too.

The "internet" is a big place consisting of a lot of tubes where you can use the google. A Data plan allows you to access those tubes. BBM uses a data plan.
    Okay, thanks. I was confused. I know that I have access to MMS messaging, but it's really expensive to use the internet under the data plan. Did I get that right?
    03-13-09 05:20 PM
    I thought they stopped doing that in the US? Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
    Maybe they did. I'm not sure. But I know that it's EXTREMELY expensive for me to use the internet.
    03-13-09 05:21 PM
    Okay, thanks. I was confused. I know that I have access to MMS messaging, but it's really expensive to use the internet under the data plan. Did I get that right?
    lol not exactly. IF, and ONLY IF you are paying for internet access by MB usage, and THEN, depending on how much per MB you're paying, it COULD get expensive. Remember, we have no idea what your plan is, and we don't know how you intend to use this device.

You asked specifically about BB Messenger, which uses a data connection, NOT SMS/MMS charges.

However, IMHO, a BB with a pay-by-MB plan would be outrageous, and would get expensive QUICKLY.
    03-13-09 05:24 PM
    lol not exactly. IF, and ONLY IF you are paying for internet access by MB usage, and THEN, depending on how much per MB you're paying, it COULD get expensive. Remember, we have no idea what your plan is, and we don't know how you intend to use this device.

You asked specifically about BB Messenger, which uses a data connection, NOT SMS/MMS charges.

However, IMHO, a BB with a pay-by-MB plan would be outrageous, and would get expensive QUICKLY.
    Okay. I'll play safe and not use it. Thanks for your help anyways!
    03-13-09 05:28 PM
    and get yourself an unlimited for chrissakes woman!
    03-13-09 05:31 PM
    Haha, when I have the money I will. :P
    03-13-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD