Okay I have two problems:
    How exactly do you use Blackberry Messenger and what is it? I couldn't figure it out and I was too lazy to get my manual and read how to work it. I've had my phone for almost a year now and still have no idea what the **** it does.
    and my second question:
    Whenever my phone is on vibrate, when someone calls, it doesn't vibrate [which I want it to do], it goes straight to voicemail as if it were on silent. Under the profiles I have it set to vibrate when someone calls but that's just not working. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Sydni
    Last edited by ihearthayden92; 12-16-07 at 10:03 PM.
    12-16-07 09:51 PM
    1. BBMessenger uses pin messaging for instant messaging between blackberrys. Both parties must have a BB and have a data plan to use it.

2. Do you have it set to "Do Not Disturb" under Phone in the profiles?
    12-16-07 10:09 PM
    12-17-07 04:33 PM
    1. BBMessenger uses pin messaging for instant messaging between blackberrys. Both parties must have a BB and have a data plan to use it.

2. Do you have it set to "Do Not Disturb" under Phone in the profiles?
    under the vibrate profile > phone > do not disturb > no. is that what it should be?
    12-17-07 06:20 PM
    under the vibrate profile > phone > do not disturb > no. is that what it should be?
    It should be set to "NO"

make sure to check both settings under profile(active)->phone...there's a section for "in holster" and "out of holster"...try making them both the same.
    12-17-07 07:00 PM
    i just made a stupid screen name for bbm just to see what it was and what it did. Is there no way to change it?
    08-22-10 12:37 PM
    i just made a stupid screen name for bbm just to see what it was and what it did. Is there no way to change it?
    Open BBM. Click on your screen name at the top. Scroll down to "Display Name" and change it to whatever you want it to be. Save your changes.
    08-22-10 12:58 PM
    Some people change their screen name in BBM regularly. In BBM, you can also click Menu>View My Profile to edit it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 01:10 PM
    So you can make their BBM name static?
    10-24-10 03:09 PM
    So you can make their BBM name static?
    No. You cannot alter what your friend decides to call himself. You will see whatever name he is using at the time.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-24-10 11:36 PM
    am using back berry. and i want to use bbm. help i need the software.
    thanks
    10-26-10 04:08 PM
    Some people change their screen name in BBM regularly. In BBM, you can also click Menu>View My Profile to edit it.

hi, i wanna know if use BBM do the carrier change you?
    10-26-10 04:12 PM
    No. You cannot alter what your friend decides to call himself. You will see whatever name he is using at the time.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Hmmm, yes you can. Highlight their name and change the name to whatever you want to see. I have all my contacts set as their real life names. Any changes they make are ignored.
    10-26-10 04:13 PM

hi plz i need to knw about BBM. THANK
    10-26-10 04:27 PM
    hi plz i need to knw about BBM. THANK
    Check out the link in post #3 above.

Hope this helps
    10-27-10 11:02 AM
    hi, i wanna know if use BBM do the carrier change you?
    no... use of BBM is free if you have a blackberry
    11-03-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD