I having trouble adding a contact to my BB messanger. It says to click menu and then click request email or pin. When i highlight a name in my phone book it doenst give either of those options. Please help!
    02-13-08 06:35 PM
    menu>add contact scroll to use once and press menu>request by PIN.
    Hope that helps you out!
    02-13-08 06:39 PM
    I'm not seeing any options on my phone about adding pin or anything? Do i need to change some settings in my phone some where?
    Last edited by Jen25; 02-13-08 at 06:51 PM.
    02-13-08 06:45 PM
    In the messenger application, hit menu, then add contact. Scroll all the way to the top and highlight "use once" and hit menu again to request by email or pin. At this point it should be easy to go from there.
    02-13-08 06:56 PM
    My boyfriend has the same phone, why can he get the option to request email or pin from his contacts and i can't?
    02-13-08 07:02 PM
    My boyfriend has the same phone, why can he get the option to request email or pin from his contacts and i can't?
    Is he following the instructions correctly?

For the third time:

1. Go to your BB Messenger App
    2. Hit menu, then ADD A CONTACT
    3. It will take you to your Address book, Scroll up to "USE ONCE"
    4. Press the Menu Key and you'll see REQUEST BY PIN
    5. Type in the PIN and your request will be sent.
    02-13-08 07:11 PM
    what worked for me was (using email address): when you add a phone number in your address book be sure to add the email address or edit the existing phone number and add an email address. once this is saved, the email option will appear in the menu when you add a contact in BB messenger
    02-13-08 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD