Since Google maps is using cell triangulation and is usually about 1 mile off, it is pretty much useless for driving navigation. The BB Maps that came on the 8130 is using my internal GPS and very accurate. I notice in the menu there is an option to "start navigation" What exactly is this? can I then enter a destination address and it will guide me there? Can someone explain how BB Maps works with my built-in GPS so that I can use it to navigate from one address to another? Thanks.
    06-23-09 10:04 AM
    i use BB maps also. i used google maps for the longest time but i like BB maps better now. the way you use GPS navigation is use the "get directions" option, enter your locations, then "start gps navigation" will give you turn by turn directions with both text and on the map.
    06-23-09 12:35 PM
    Ok so, first I go to "get Directions".... Do I have to enter where I am or will Maps find me using GPS so that I only have to enter the destination?
    06-23-09 12:56 PM
    Ok so, first I go to "get Directions".... Do I have to enter where I am or will Maps find me using GPS so that I only have to enter the destination?
    First click the menu button, then start navigation, then find location, then get directions, click "where i am", then it will as you for an end location, either type in address, pull from your address book or a previously saved 'favorite'.
    06-23-09 04:28 PM
    Since Google maps is using cell triangulation and is usually about 1 mile off, it is pretty much useless for driving navigation.
    Google Maps on my 8130 uses the GPS and usually locates me to within 10 meters. It only uses cell triangulation if I have my GPS Services set to Location Off.
    06-24-09 12:20 AM
    Google Maps on my 8130 uses the GPS and usually locates me to within 10 meters. It only uses cell triangulation if I have my GPS Services set to Location Off.
    I thought the GPS on the 8130 was only unlocked for VZNavigator and BB Maps. Are you sure your not just getting a good hit with the cell triangulation. I read that if the blue dot has a light blue circle around it then it is estimating based on cell triangulation. Do you have the blue circle? How can I get GPS to work with with Google Maps. My GPS is set to "Location On".
    06-24-09 06:05 AM
    Sorry, my 8130 is on Sprint, our GPS is totally unlocked, can use it for everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD