My 8100 is basically stuck in a reset loop. Started two days ago and nothing I have tried will fix it.

I checked my voice mail on Sat AM and then put my phone in my pocket like normal. About 10 minutes later, it buzzed like someone sent me a text. I pulled it out to check it and as soon as I pushed the trackball it reset and has been stuck in a loop ever since. It starts up and says "Verifying security software" then about 10 seconds later it resets.

It will stay on for longer if I have it plugged into my computer via a USB cable.

I have tried to "wipe" it clean.

Please help.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by temptim318; 10-13-08 at 02:17 PM.
    10-13-08 02:11 PM
    Do you have a memory card in it?
    10-13-08 02:20 PM
    Did you do a "battery pull"?
    10-13-08 02:21 PM
    No memory card and if battery pull means taking out the battery and then putting it back in then yes (about 20 times). I even tried another battery thinking my battery was shorting out and that didn't work.
    10-13-08 02:53 PM
    temptim-this sounds similar to what I'm experiencing, except I have a memcard and scads left on the device.

Earlier post:
    So I plug in and charge every night. Yesterday I got up and was fully charged and made a couple calls. When I went to bed, the battery was completely discharged. I turned it off and on, removed the battery, replaced the battery. On the screen appeared the little hourglass that appears when you are waiting for a program to load. Flipping over and over and over..... Clearly this is why the battery discharged abnormally.

This morning it was charged up. I turned it on and the hourglass was still flipping. I removed the battery and left it out until around noon whereupon I reinstalled it only to find that it had only about 25% of life remaining.

The battery has never had any kind of discharge issues since I got it. The only thing I did yesterday was to download the ABC News icon. Didn't go anyplace "bad" (just ESPN, USA Today, CNN-all of which have worked just fine) . Didn't download anything at all. Opened only known mail. No music, no games. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions? I called the 800 tech support, but YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!!????? (WTF!!??)

I've not received any answers either.
    10-18-08 12:54 AM
    I have been having the same problem. It is to the point if I don't answer a call or retrieve a txt immediatly it will reset...
    Let me know if you figure this one out
    06-18-09 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD