Help please..Why are phone numbers i've added to address book, showing up as unknown number? Then if i try to call it back, i can't

What's the catch?
    06-19-08 04:31 PM
    Don't know about that, I like your music.
    06-19-08 04:33 PM
    have you included the area code? My kids had this issue. The whole number including area code needs to be added. Hope this helps.
    06-19-08 04:48 PM
    ER.. Music? I have music??
    06-19-08 04:50 PM
    If you added them, they should show up. However, if the people calling you from those numbers have their phone numbers block then thats the message you will get.
    06-19-08 04:50 PM
    don't lie we know who you are lol
    06-19-08 04:52 PM
    Webbie (the rap artist) I think it was a joke
    06-19-08 04:52 PM
    yes..i have included area codes..and number are set up without -'s surely i don't need to add the dash in between?
    06-19-08 04:55 PM
    roflmao ..never heard of him/her I'm an old fartette
    06-19-08 04:56 PM
    ok, i tried to call from my work phone, which is not a blocked number and still get "unknown caller"
    06-19-08 04:59 PM
    yes..i have included area codes..and number are set up without -'s surely i don't need to add the dash in between?
    No, dashes should not matter. Like somebody else said, if they're in your contact list (with complete number, including area code) in any way, they should show up. I've got some that are in with no spaces, some with spaces and some with periods as separators. They all show up.

The only ones that don't are people that block their caller ID on outgoing calls. Those show up as "unknown" or "private number"
    06-19-08 05:03 PM
    no you don't need the dashes, and stop calling me Shirley.......LOL
    06-19-08 05:03 PM
    Sorry shirley...my bad.. *wink*...I think i might know the problem. Have to check my plan, but i believe i dont have call display..however, whether i do or do not, don't the numbers from my address book show up anyway, even if i didnt choose call display?
    06-19-08 05:08 PM
    hmmm must be too stupid a question that i don't get a response even to it...sigh
    06-19-08 05:28 PM
    Easy there...

I'm a good old U.S. of A kind of guy - even though Verizon cripples our GPS, we at least get Caller ID included. From looking at the Telus website, you have to pay $7/mo for that feature?!?

Sounds like a call to Telus is in order for you to see if it's included in your plan or not. I assume that if it's a feature they charge for, just having the phone number in your address book to work around it defeat their highway robbery.
    06-19-08 06:03 PM
    Thank Abe sausage man..i figured that's what it is. And yes, what a rip off eh? I'll either change my plan or deal with not knowing who called and hopefully if its someone that needs to get a hold of me, they'll leave a message. My only concern was that my daughter's school called and i didn't know it was them.

signed,
    Caring mother of one LOL

Thanks for all your help crackers
    06-19-08 09:33 PM
    Hiya Ms. Webbie...glad to see you finally made it
    06-19-08 09:38 PM
    Hey Buffers..still a newbie eh? Won't be long before i'm an abuser...i do love to post! lol

Only this is stuff i don't have a clue about, but you can't learn if you don't involved yourself right?
    06-19-08 09:41 PM
    Gotta start somewhere...but, I've learned gobs from the members here and have officially become addicted
    06-19-08 09:44 PM
    Wow, I thought every phone had caller display included for free. You are getting ripped off if that is the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 10:05 PM
    I am actually having the same issue... Was it really the fact that you didn't have caller ID subscribed to your phone plan! Please tell me no. I am with Rogers Canada and that better not be it! Even my old Nokia from 7 years ago has caller ID for numbers in the address book!

Help! I don't want to have to give rogers any more money!
    10-17-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD