Earlier today I dropped my phone in the toilet for the 1st time in 12-15 years of owning a cell phone. I immediately grabbed it & took it all apart. After about 5 minutes we put it back together & it said 100% system check (or whatever it says), but i couldn't receive or send calls, the ball wasn't working, & nothing else was working properly. It's been about 5 hours & I put the phone back together & it kind of works...it has come a long way. I was able to make a call, but it was difficult. When I selected the name, it would try to send a MMS message. Eventually (somehow) it managed to make a phone call. I was also able to receive a call and talk on my phone. When I try to text, the letter keys I press are not the letters that come on the screen. Currently, it is still all apart (I also took out the sim card). I read that I should put it in rice, which I am going to try.

I just took insurance off my phone because I am always careful & figured I could use the extra couple bucks (and of course this would happen to me now). Is my phone going to be ok? Is there anything else I can do? Does the phone have a water mark in it where ATT would be able to tell? I can't afford to buy a new phone right now & even if I could, they now require that you put a data package on the phone (which I don't have & don't want). I just got the phone in October...I will take any suggestions!
    03-13-10 09:33 PM
    By dropping ur phone in the water and immediately turning it on, there's a very high probability u "fried" some circuits. What would have been best was to take it apart and let the device dry in a bucket of rice or something similar for a few days before even attempting to turn it on again. Sticking it in rice now will do very little.

Yes there are water mark stickers, one on the device and one on the battery itself. They are initially white and will turn red/pink when activated like the images listed below:

In my opinion, you're out of luck. If you're interested, I might have a used pearl I could sell you, but PM me about that. However, seeing how you don't even use a data plan, why do you need a blackberry? There are many devices perfect for calling and SMS besides BB.
    03-14-10 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD