So earlier this summer, my Curve started showing up with this image.

I don't quite understand what it means. I just bought this in May from T-mobile (I changed the case as it cracked). Its worked since then, but when I charge it, or take out the battery that comes on, and I need to take out/put back in the battery and it works.

It's not the battery because i've replaced it and it still does the same thing. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks!
    09-18-08 08:42 PM
    Maybe the battery is no good, and u need to get a replacement?
    09-18-08 08:57 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the Pearl 8110, 8120, and 8130 section of the forums...

Not trying to be a j erk but maybe somebody in the Curve section of the forum could help you better
    09-18-08 09:07 PM
    yeah he has a curve, but its a general question regarding blackberries, you could of helped him w/ a possible answer u think might be the cause instead of pointing out the obvious. were all addicts here and no one likes a malfunctioning phone.
    09-18-08 11:13 PM
    I don't know anything about the curve. I was simply suggesting he go to the curve section where somebody may know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 06:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That is not a good sign. That is a warning about a problem the device attributes to the battery. If you are getting it after exchanging batteries, you may have an internal power supply problem.

There is one more possibility, the Pearl and Curve batterys have the same form factor, but it has been reported that Pearl batteries are not as powerful as Curve batteries. Make sure it is the Blue battery, not the Yellow one.

I see no need to move this thread, you will get the same folks responding in each of the device forums. It is not device specific.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-19-08 at 12:42 PM.
    09-19-08 12:40 PM
    Will a yellow battery for a Pearl 8100 work in a Pearl 8130?

~ VNDLEWIS

09-19-08 03:08 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the Pearl 8110, 8120, and 8130 section of the forums...

Not trying to be a j erk but maybe somebody in the Curve section of the forum could help you better
    Oh man, i'm totally sorry. I didn't realize. I thought i put it in the right forum. Im sorry again.
    09-20-08 12:21 AM
    There is one more possibility, the Pearl and Curve batterys have the same form factor, but it has been reported that Pearl batteries are not as powerful as Curve batteries. Make sure it is the Blue battery, not the Yellow one.
    I tested this once. The Curve battery will power the Pearl on. The Pearl
    battery will not power the Curve on at all. And I don't recommend using
    the Curve battery (blue) in the Pearl.
    09-20-08 01:20 AM

Yup, Reed is spot on, if you have a pearl battery in there, it wont work correctly...but yet if you have a Curve battery in a Pearl it will work.
    09-20-08 01:21 AM
    Will a Pearl 8100 work in a Pearl 8130?

~ vndlewis

09-20-08 03:20 PM
    This thread has gotten confusing.

1. it was mistakenly posted in the wrong forum. This does not matter. as we (the Mods + others) all look for New Posts anyway.
    2. Someone hijacked this thread with an 81xx question that confused the issue even more.

Reed is right. There is most likely a problem with your phone. Take it back to the store if it is under warranty. If it is not under warranty the try BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices who do good BlackBerry repairs.
    09-20-08 03:51 PM
    I didn't mean to hijack it. They were talking batteries and I have a battery question. I have an old Pearl 8100. I now have a Pearl 8130. I was just asking I could use my old battery as a backup. They are both yellow Pearl batteries.

09-20-08 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD