1. Well I got my pearl 8100 today in the mail, bought it off ebay for a pretty good price and it was brand new, anyways I didn't notice until later today but on the ad it says it can't be registered on blackberry service, I noticed this after I paid $80 for a full month of everything including the data plan... has anyone seen or heard of anything like this before? On the phone itself under the status settings it has a different PIN and IMEI number than what is under the battery, also when I try to register it on blackberry it says the phone is suspended to deactivated... Help please.
    11-20-09 10:01 PM
    Well, it sounds like a fraudulent PIN/IMEI. If you paid via PayPal I'd file a claim for what you paid. You got scammed.
    11-20-09 10:03 PM
  3. But on the ad it state it can't be registered on blackberry service.
    11-20-09 10:07 PM
    Good point. Did it say why? Just because they stated that in the description, I'm not sure that absolves them of possible criminal activity, since the phone was probably stolen (hence the hacked, fake, PIN and IMEI.) Not sure how PayPal's fraud department would handle it but, it's your only chance of having a glimmer of hope of recovering your money.
    11-20-09 10:10 PM
  5. alright well thanks for the info I'll look into it some more tomorrow and see how far I can get.
    11-20-09 10:12 PM
    Well I hate to be devils advocate but the ad sounds pretty clear. They didn't try to scam you or rip you off. They said it wouldn't be usable on BB and it isn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 04:52 AM
  7. Yea but hopefully I can win it by proving it is fraudulent software.
    11-21-09 06:39 PM
  8. seems to be working fine now and thanks for that tip about the autotext
    11-22-09 04:22 PM
    Try to contest the sale based on the phone not being new. That part of the ad is misleading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD