so its like this i got my very first Blackberry an 8220 flip and so far i love this little device but now im getting frustrated, i want to install a few apps like face book and live messenger but i cant, when i try the download through your computer option IE explorer just crashes each and every time, I do have wifi and a data package on my BB so i tried just using the BB Browser to download them directly into the phone i always get an browser incompatibility error along with a statement saying this website requires active x ... something along that saying , getting pretty frustrated i mean its a blackberry if they say you have the option of downloading through your phone then why cant i do the same ???
    12-30-09 05:06 AM
    If you're getting Active X warnings on your phone browser, it means either a) you're not going to a mobile web site, or b) your mobile browser settings are incorrect. Open the browser, go to Menu->Options, click on General Properties, and make sure the default browser is set to Internet Browser. Click Menu->Save Options. Now click on Browser Configuration. Mine has the following:

Browser: Internet Browser
    [ ] Support JavaScript
    [X] Prompt to enable JavaScript
    [X] Use Background Images
    [X] Support Embedded Media
    Browser Identification: BlackBerry

The easiest way to get apps on your phone is to install BlackBerry App World. Go to BlackBerry Home in your phone browser, and choose a country. The North America page has a BB AW link right in the middle of the page. BB AW will notify you if one of your apps has an update available, plus you can archive unused apps onto a memory card for later reinstall.

If you don't want to install BB AW, you can usually find a download link on the mobile websites. For Facebook mobile, open your phone browser and go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook, there is a download link for the BB FB app at the bottom of the page. For Windows Live Messenger, open your phone browser and go to http://www.blackberry.com/livemessenger .
    12-30-09 11:13 AM
    ok so i changed my configuration jumped on my wifi connection and went to mobile.blackberry.com and it still tells me my browser is not compatible for this site and i should go to blackberry.mobile.com i selected my country USA and when i tried to download blackberry app world i still got Browser Incorrect and the notice that this page uses active x. etc. Do you think i should erase my phone and start it over from scratch. im running the latest OS for the 8220. could that be an issue idk this is very depressing
    12-30-09 02:01 PM
    ...it still tells me my browser is not compatible for this site and i should go to blackberry.mobile.com i selected my country USA and when i tried to download blackberry app world i still got Browser Incorrect and the notice that this page uses active x. etc.
    Hmm maybe the mobile browser is using the cache instead of reloading the page with your new configuration in effect. Open your mobile browser, click Menu->Options, select Cache Operations, clear everything, and click Menu->Close. While you're in there, check the browser ID for all the mobile browsers: go into Browser Configuration, toggle the Browser setting to Wi-Fi/Hotspot, then WAP/T-Mobile, then Internet, and check that all three have Browser Identification set to BlackBerry. Exit the mobile browser completely and restart it, and go back to the BB mobile site (m.blackberry.com).
    12-30-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD