When I first got my BB and went through the Setup Wizard I was prompted to copy my contacts from my SIM to the phone. I completed this. I remembered when hubby got his Pearl he couldn't see his contacts from the Address Book until he copied them.

Now, I can see my contacts in Address Book, but where do I go to see them on my SIM?

I added a contact to Address Book but I need it on my SIM. How do I do this?

I have read a thread about contacts not backing up when the phone is backed up using DM. If I used DM to back up my OS, would I be able to get my contacts back by copying them from my SIM after an upgrade or restore?
    02-16-09 03:32 PM
    Anyone? Please.
    02-16-09 06:12 PM
    address book > press menu > select SIM Phone Book.

When you backup using DM the address book is backed up as
    a matter of course. DM will NOT however backup anything on the
    SIM card.
    02-16-09 06:25 PM
    Thank you, amazinglygraceless.

I found that I could add the new contact to my SIM through that menu. I can't seen to get used to all these extra menus.

Is there a way to copy a new contact from the address book to the SIM w/o having to add it manually?
    02-16-09 06:34 PM
    Sadly, no. And even sadder you can only copy them to the SIM
    one at a time. You can copy them from the SIM to the phone
    en masse however.
    02-16-09 07:15 PM
    Ok. Thank you again. You are very helpful. So, what I will do is as I get new numbers I will go ahead and add them to my SIM after saving in the address book.

And, if I have to upgrade or reinstall the OS I can copy from the SIM back into the address book and not have to worry with Outlook or anything. Right? (I hope so, that was easy)
    02-16-09 09:25 PM
    You can certainly do that. Just keep in mind that the SIM card
    has a finite (and substantially less), amount of memory than
    the actual device.

I haven't tested how much the SIM can hold but keep in mind
    that the device memory is expressed in megabytes whereas the
    SIM card is expressed in kilobytes.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-16-09 at 10:37 PM.
    02-16-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD