yep having some major issues here. Everything on a regular phone service works, sms, mms, internet through open wave browser etc. Everything that is blackberry does not. I cannot get my email sent to me via my phone, I cannot use html browser, use facebook mobile app, opera mini browser, myspace mobile and the list goes on and on. I was told when I bought this phone that all 3rd party apps worked. The phone was hard reset and bam everything went south! Had to have it flashed again, , , now all of those apps do not work anymore and I have no friggen clue as to why. That and I cannot hook my bb up to my desk top manager bcuz I am more than a noob, I'm an infant! Cept for I refuse to suck my thumb or take any crap from anyone. So please help me out here. What can be done to resolve this? I would love to have yahoo messenger working etc! Oh and this I don't get, on my branded cricket phone I do have yahoo messenger andit works fine! Why not on my bb! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    06-03-09 01:30 AM
    doesn't anyone else here have thier bb flashed to cricket!?!?
    06-03-09 01:38 PM
    I know that some of you have bb's on cricket wireless so help me out here please!
    06-05-09 12:56 PM
    I have the same problem and am in need of that file? please anyone
    06-05-09 03:45 PM
    I just got my Verizon 8830 flashed to cricket today and have been playing around with downloading applications. The error message I am getting when trying to install applications or run them after download is: X "App can't connect to the Internet". The actual blackberry browser works fine. I'll keep my eyes open for a solution. If someone currently has a workaround, please post!
    06-10-09 07:19 PM
    great I appreciate it. my bb 8130 is a cdma phone not gsm. Most of the help forums are dealing with gsm phones only from what I can tell. I am so new to this and really need someone who can walk me through things step by step. I have never flashed a phone but I would like to learn how. Seems people get a tad bit edgy at noobs here. I could be wrong though who knows! I do use google and read everything all of the way through. I just don't understand the language and the programs being used to flash. So please be patient with me!!
    06-10-09 07:41 PM
    The guys over at Howard Forums are discussing this topic as well with a couple leads:

I am unable to post links on Crackberry so I will describe how to get there:

cricket dot howardforums dot com
    Click on "PDAs and Data Devices"
    Click on the thread titled "Blackberry apps"

Hope this helps!
    06-18-09 11:32 PM
    problem is that the phone number I use to access my cricket account and the phone number that is still registered on the phone are not the same so I am betting it's causing some of the issue if not all of it. I have no clue but I did try to download the apps and none of them will work .......
    06-19-09 02:47 AM
    Cricket is a CDMA carrier, but they do not support BlackBerry.

Cricket Wireless : Site Search

Search BlackBerry: We're sorry, we did not find anything matching your request. Please try again using different words ...
    That means they can not offer you BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), which is required for Email, Messaging and most third party software.
    06-19-09 01:12 PM
    I understand that Reed and thank you for clarifying. I have read oodles on this issue with bb's being flashed to cricket wireless. Just a noob is all. My interest here is finding 3rd party apps that will work with the flashed phone. There seem to be a few but no one is really giving up the info ...

Also I have read in several places (howard forums, cricket phone talk etc) that people have been able to find services (pay services) like tiggit that will work for email on bb's. I did get a reply from someone on howard forums that because my phone number and the number on the phone don't match, the problem would be that since I cannot dial #228 and have cricket configure my phone etc the apps aren't working with the cricket wap. I am just learning and really am just getting oriented on the terms etc. I still have no idea how to flash a phone, if I did this would be resolved eventually. The guy who flashed my phone is not getting back to me so I don't know what to do and really do not want to have to spend more money on getting someone else to flash the phone again. So it's frustrating that now my phones are switched incorrectly on my cricket bill and the phone is programmed with a phoen number that is not the one I use with cricket.
    Last edited by Xotzin; 06-19-09 at 04:44 PM.
    06-19-09 02:27 PM
    Hi,

Dial *228, that should reprogram your phone, and correct the phone# mismatch...

If it doesn't successfully do a *228, then you can easily just manually tell your bb what your phone# is.

Dial ##000000 (SEND)

This will bring up a bunch of data, but you must only edit the first field, which is your phone# (aka "Mobile Directory Number (MDN)")..

Just erase what is currently there, and punch in your correct phone#.

DO NOT CHANGE any other 10-digit # on this screen, *especially* the one right beneath your phone#.

The 2nd field labeled MIN (or IMSI or MSID) might look weird, because it seems like somebody else's 10-digit phone#, but it's correct. That's how CDMA works, you don't have a phone#, you actually have a pair of phone#s. One is called your "MDN" (mobile display number), and the other is called your "MIN" (mobile identification number). Sometimes they are the same, but with Cricket, they are usually different. You can take your MDN with you, if you leave Cricket, and go to another carrier, but your MIN belongs to Cricket, which is fine, it's behind-the-scenes anyway.

IF, for whatever reason, you accidentally changed your MIN on this screen, and now your phone doesn'ty make/receive calls, don't panic.. Just call 1-800-cricket from a working phone, and find your way to a tech support rep. Simply ask them for your MIN. That's it, hang up, they don't want to hear why you need your MIN, so don't waste your time explaining it. And make sure they don't make any changes to your account, which sometimes they screw up if it's a flashed phone. Just ask for your MIN, write it down, then say thanks, and hang up...

Now that you have your MIN# written down, let's go fix your phone yourself, by dialing:

a) ##000000 (SEND)
    b) Input your phone# for "Mobile Directory Number"
    c) Input your MIN#, in the field directly after your phone#, I think it's called IMSI, or MIN, or MSID, can't remember which, but it's 10-digits, and isn't the first field, it's the second)
    d) press menu button, choose Save
    e) phone will restart, and phone# should be correct now. phone should still make/receive calls/texts.
    f) if your phone# was actually incorrect, and you just fixed it, your web might stop working. just pull out your battery, put it back on, and let the phone turn on normally. that should fix it. If it doesn't, try accessing web a couple times, or sending an mms. Maybe call *99, to make sure calls are working, cause you should get your to your voicemail when you dial *99.
    g) still having problems? don't change anything on the phone you haven't messed with in the past, cause blackberry's have very stable data settings, changing what used to work, will only break things.
    h) pull the battery, put it back in. this tends to fix a lot of stuff (maybe only by introducing some patience since these things take so darn long to turn on after pulling the battery)

Before you go through all the above steps, are you sure it's programmed with the incorrect phone#?
    Where did you see the incorrect phone# in the first place? You mentioned viewing the phone# using desktop manager. Was this the only place it was incorrect?

I know when you are using the dialer, it promimently displays the phone# at the top of the screen. Was it incorrect there also?

And you can dial #4357* (SEND) to open the phone status/info page, which should have both your Mobile Directory Number (MDN aka your phone#), and your Mobile Identification Number (MIN aka MSID aka probably different than your phone#, but still correct if it matches the MIN cricket gave you over the phone).

It might be wise to check both of those places to see if they are also showing an incorrect phone#. If it's correct in both those places, but incorrect when viewed with blackberry desktop manager, it maybe you were viewing your MIN, which is not your phone#, but is another 10-digit phone# that is required for your account to operate correctly. Sometimes these 10-digit #s are the same, but usually with cricket they are not. If you've ported your phone# over to cricket, from a different carrier, they will never be the same. This is because you can bring your own phone#, but you can't bring your own MIN#. And having a correct MIN# on your phone is all that's required for it to make/receive calls and text messages. Your phone# MDN is really for display purposes only...

Finally, it sounds like your picture messaging has always worked, and your built-in blackberry browser is working, and you're only having problems with 3rd party applications? Well, I think all of us with flashed blackberries are having the same issues, and there are a few 3rd party apps that work through a proxy, which cricket's network requires, but there is nowhere near the support you find on Windows Mobile, for example, where thousands of internet-enabled apps work with Cricket's proxy...
    This isn't really a "problem", because 3rd party apps aren't supposed to work with blackberry support on your carrier. Nonetheless, we're all still working on finding a way to make 3rd party apps work with cricket..

This isn't really an error that needs fixed.. it's more of a solution, that needs to be found. If that makes any sense..

Time will hopefully fix this problem (hehe, you know what I mean, uh, which is, 'somebody needs to create a solution'), which one way is for apps to be (re)designed to intelligently piggyback on whichever transport (proxy) service book the built-in browser is using.. or maybe someone finds a way to implement a global proxy service book, that will transparently enable 3rd party apps to function, that were not designed to work thru a proxy.

Finally, you mentioned that before you got it flashed, you had lots of different service books and lots of different apps, like facebook, etc...

If any of them worked before the phone was flashed, it may have been because there was still phone or data-only service on the phone with sprint/verizon or whatever the original carrier was. Switching to a different carrier, it's usually clear, that doing so is gonna kill any working internet/data services that may have still been functioning on the phone. This is because you're changing the phone#, the PRL, and all of the carrier-specific username/password data settings, plus adding new service books for your new carrier, and service books only travel in a group, not by themselves. Simply loading new service books, wipes out any old service books, regardless of carriers involved. Keep in mind, if you're in your advanced settings, that a properly flashed cricket blackberry will only have 4 service books. This is compared to the average verizon blackberry (that was recently active and being used with verizon), which might have over 30 different service books, but all kinds of internet-based programs/apps/email/etc... Sprint blackberries don't have so many service books, usually closer to 20 different service books. Any properly flashed Cricket blackberry, just 4 lonely service books. But as far as I'm concerned, these are 4 service books straight from god, by way of tonycortes. We'll get more, in good time..

Oh yeah,. sometimes people will hook up to the their desktop blackberry manager, and try to implement a desktop email-sync type of thing, which will add a couple CNAME (or similarily named) service books. I don't think this ever works as intended with cricket, so don't bother trying, because sometimes it may even causes the cricket web and mms stuff to stop working...

Also, you mentioned openwave browser, and the need for an actual HTML browser. Good news on that request. It might have gotten turned off somehow on your blackberry, but the built-in browser is indeed HTML compatible, including stylesheets, javascript and cookies. You may need to enable those features, if they aren't already, from within the browser, just hit the menu button, choose options, and all the relevant settings should be in there.

A good site for doing some things most have trouble with on Cricket, is mobile.vuclip.com, which I have used to view youtube content on bb 8330, and maybe even an 8130, all on cricket. It's sort of a middle-man, and allows you to search youtube content, which I think it retrieves in a format that is more browser friendly. You may have to download the video, or at least a portion of it, before it plays, but it should play, and that's more than you'll get by visitting youtube directly. That pesky cricket proxy, will soon be a problem of the past (search 'HTML Data' in cricket subforum at howard forums), but until then, vuclip.com might be just the ticket....
    Keep in mind, a lot of the 3rd party stuff would probably work if you had a cricket broadband account that your blackberry could piggy-back on for data, while still using your normal phone account for calls/sms/mms. So if you happen to also have cricket broadband service, I can help you configure your blackberry to piggyback onto it... I've seens lots of 3rd party apps work with cricket using this method, for example, youtube, operamini, and even the "Audible" e-book software program (you can load ebooks using your pc or memory card, but you *have* to be able to login to their server, at least 1 time, before using ebooks on your card)...

Lastly, I think you said the person that sold you the blackberry said all services would work with cricket. Are they also the person that flashed it for you? If not, then go with the person who flashed it, if you want to know what it's capable of with Cricket. If anyone asks me if all services work on a flashed blackberry, I always say the same thing, initially:

"When I flash your blackberry to Cricket, this will enable the built-in web browser to work, and also you'll be able to send and receive picture messages."

That's it, and really, if *any* flashed phone has 100% working web + 100% working sending/receiving mms, that would be considered a full flash, by anyone's standards. Good thing the browser and mms is stable and should work without problems if correctly flashed to cricket. It allows us all to concentrate on 3rd party apps, and other cool stuff, whereas some phones, like PalmOS Treos, Sprint Centros, Samsung Instincts, Sprint Sanyos, are still struggling with MMS, and have to live with just a working browser. Heck, MMS on flashed Sprint phones would be more than enough to satisfy tons of people.. 6 months ago web/mms on blackberries wasn't even close, 1 year ago web on flashed sprint phones was thought impossible. Before that, each new type of phone seems impossible at first, until someone comes along with a solution that makes it look easy. And the easier it looks, usually it was that much more difficult to solve, and that person took time and effort, to make it look easy, and to be reliable, for other people to use on their phones.

tonycortes is the genius behind fully flashed blackberries, and we all can't thank him enough for opening up a world of possibilities, for Cricket, and many other carriers that won't be getting BIS/BES anytime soon.

I was the first person to fully-flash the motorola q to cricket with web/mms, and have made a few other accomplishments since then.. Many others have done the same with other phones on cricket. Don't worry, you're in good hands, and we're always looking to be able to make the most of our flashed cricket phones. Usually this means finding ways to do, what every other person/carrier says cannot be done...

Be patient, because nothing is impossible... impossible just takes longer...

Oh, and if you're not running OS 4.5+, then you might want to upgrade. 4.3 is most common OS version besides 4.5. Both will work fine with cricket, 4.5 or newer probably will work better. If you upgrade it yourself, you'll lose your cricket service books, unless you learn how to properly back them up first, using the method found in a thread on this site titled, "HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx". Sorry I don't have enough posts under my belt to post a url link, the the thread id# is t=106023.

Just be sure to adapt that method to only using it to save your service books, which you can then later restore, using same method, after you upgrade your OS. If this seems too daunting, ask the person who flashed your phone to do it for you, and they might cut you a deal. I usually only charge $20 for something like this, if the phone is already working with web+mms, and only needs an OS upgrade, or maybe some other custom request, which will break web+mms if not done properly...

Many times, I'll offer to upgrade to OS 4.5 if I notice an old OS, for the same price, at the cost of at least 1hr, cause you know those OS upgrades can sometimes take forever to boot up the first time..

Good luck with your quest, and sorry if I rambled a bit... or a lot. if I tried to go back and proofread/shorten, I fear I'd only add to it, so I'm leaving it alone... hey, more info is better than less info, when the info is accurate, which for the most part mine is based on stuff I do, daily, not based on stuff I've only read about..
    Last edited by beezlewaxin; 06-27-09 at 03:23 PM.
    06-27-09 02:53 PM
    this thread is going to help a lot of people so thank yoU! Of course I am giong to have to read it again but I will follow through all of what you've suggested and call cricket. I have dialed the *228 and it comes up telling me that they are unable to program my phone. The main thing I think at this point is that the guy who programmed the phone will not call me back (after my several attempts to get in touch with him about these very issues). TZhe phone #'s on my bill are on the wron phones and although we are still getting our calls the phones were swapped and now my cricket bill says I have a motov3s and my room mates account says that her phone is a customer provided handset. . .

Dialed ##000000 it says the correct #
    I read the incorrect # through the desk top manager as you mentioned. So this may very well be my MDN then ? The phone was flashed from verizon so I will assume that is the number that my cricket # was ported to ?
    So if I ever sell the phone(and I won't be because it's a bb) then the cricket # stays with my cricket account and the MDN goes with the phone?
    I will have to reinstall the desk top manager and check again since I had to remove it(laptop is having issues and am tweaking a few things with tweakui to get them resolved).

So I am at a loss because it will cost me $30 bucks to have cricket change the phones listed on the account to the correct number. One things for sure, I am so not liking the guy that flashed my phone.

I do not have cricket broad band service and now I am kicking myself for not having it haha!

Truly thank you for posting all of this. I am eager to get going and get this resolved of course. Please feel free to post more if you think of anything!!! Your advice is most welcomed !
    06-27-09 09:12 PM
    yep having some major issues here. Everything on a regular phone service works, sms, mms, internet through open wave browser etc. Everything that is blackberry does not. I cannot get my email sent to me via my phone, I cannot use html browser, use facebook mobile app, opera mini browser, myspace mobile and the list goes on and on. I was told when I bought this phone that all 3rd party apps worked. The phone was hard reset and bam everything went south! Had to have it flashed again, , , now all of those apps do not work anymore and I have no friggen clue as to why. That and I cannot hook my bb up to my desk top manager bcuz I am more than a noob, I'm an infant! Cept for I refuse to suck my thumb or take any crap from anyone. So please help me out here. What can be done to resolve this? I would love to have yahoo messenger working etc! Oh and this I don't get, on my branded cricket phone I do have yahoo messenger andit works fine! Why not on my bb! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Third party apps don't work on a cricket flashed blackberry. Sorry. That's that. It isn't a big deal. Must be using a different internet connection than the Cricket Internet does. Maybe someone will figure it out after messing around with it..
    06-28-09 02:00 PM
    How can I upgrade the os on my blackberry pearl 8130 that is flashed to cricket without losing my cricket info and having to get it flashed again.
    08-15-09 09:42 PM
    Hey I just bought a fully flashed pearl...supposedly! I can't get online?! I have pic's in txt, and can recieve music in txt, however I cannot get online and I am paying for this service thru Cricket!!!!
    08-20-09 02:51 PM
    Hi,

If it doesn't successfully do a *228, then you can easily just manually tell your bb what your phone# is.

Dial ##000000 (SEND)

This will bring up a bunch of data, but you must only edit the first field, which is your phone# (aka "Mobile Directory Number (MDN)")..

DO NOT CHANGE any other 10-digit # on this screen, *especially* the one right beneath your phone#.

The 2nd field labeled MIN (or IMSI or MSID) might look weird, because it seems like somebody else's 10-digit phone#, but it's correct. That's how CDMA works, you don't have a phone#, you actually have a pair of phone#s. One is called your "MDN" (mobile display number), and the other is called your "MIN" (mobile identification number). Sometimes they are the same, but with Cricket, they are usually different. You can take your MDN with you, if you leave Cricket, and go to another carrier, but your MIN belongs to Cricket, which is fine, it's behind-the-scenes anyway.

IF, for whatever reason, you accidentally changed your MIN on this screen, and now your phone doesn'ty make/receive calls, don't panic.. Just call 1-800-cricket from a working phone, and find your way to a tech support rep. Simply ask them for your MIN. That's it, hang up, they don't want to hear why you need your MIN, so don't waste your time explaining it. And make sure they don't make any changes to your account, which sometimes they screw up if it's a flashed phone. Just ask for your MIN, write it down, then say thanks, and hang up...

Now that you have your MIN# written down, let's go fix your phone yourself, by dialing:

a) ##000000 (SEND)
    c) Input your MIN#, in the field directly after your phone#, I think it's called IMSI, or MIN, or MSID, can't remember which, but it's 10-digits, and isn't the first field, it's the second)
    e) phone will restart, and phone# should be correct now. phone should still make/receive calls/texts.
    f) if your phone# was actually incorrect, and you just fixed it, your web might stop working. just pull out your battery, put it back on, and let the phone turn on normally. that should fix it. If it doesn't, try accessing web a couple times, or sending an mms. Maybe call *99, to make sure calls are working, cause you should get your to your voicemail when you dial *99.
    g) still having problems? don't change anything on the phone you haven't messed with in the past, cause blackberry's have very stable data settings, changing what used to work, will only break things.
    h) pull the battery, put it back in. this tends to fix a lot of stuff (maybe only by introducing some patience since these things take so darn long to turn on after pulling the battery)

Before you go through all the above steps, are you sure it's programmed with the incorrect phone#?
    Where did you see the incorrect phone# in the first place? You mentioned viewing the phone# using desktop manager. Was this the only place it was incorrect?

I know when you are using the dialer, it promimently displays the phone# at the top of the screen. Was it incorrect there also?

And you can dial #4357* (SEND) to open the phone status/info page, which should have both your Mobile Directory Number (MDN aka your phone#), and your Mobile Identification Number (MIN aka MSID aka probably different than your phone#, but still correct if it matches the MIN cricket gave you over the phone).

It might be wise to check both of those places to see if they are also showing an incorrect phone#. If it's correct in both those places, but incorrect when viewed with blackberry desktop manager, it maybe you were viewing your MIN, which is not your phone#, but is another 10-digit phone# that is required for your account to operate correctly. Sometimes these 10-digit #s are the same, but usually with cricket they are not. If you've ported your phone# over to cricket, from a different carrier, they will never be the same. This is because you can bring your own phone#, but you can't bring your own MIN#. And having a correct MIN# on your phone is all that's required for it to make/receive calls and text messages. Your phone# MDN is really for display purposes only...

Finally, it sounds like your picture messaging has always worked, and your built-in blackberry browser is working, and you're only having problems with 3rd party applications? Well, I think all of us with flashed blackberries are having the same issues, and there are a few 3rd party apps that work through a proxy, which cricket's network requires, but there is nowhere near the support you find on Windows Mobile, for example, where thousands of internet-enabled apps work with Cricket's proxy...
    This isn't really a "problem", because 3rd party apps aren't supposed to work with blackberry support on your carrier. Nonetheless, we're all still working on finding a way to make 3rd party apps work with cricket..

This isn't really an error that needs fixed.. it's more of a solution, that needs to be found. If that makes any sense..

Time will hopefully fix this problem (hehe, you know what I mean, uh, which is, 'somebody needs to create a solution'), which one way is for apps to be (re)designed to intelligently piggyback on whichever transport (proxy) service book the built-in browser is using.. or maybe someone finds a way to implement a global proxy service book, that will transparently enable 3rd party apps to function, that were not designed to work thru a proxy.

Finally, you mentioned that before you got it flashed, you had lots of different service books and lots of different apps, like facebook, etc...

If any of them worked before the phone was flashed, it may have been because there was still phone or data-only service on the phone with sprint/verizon or whatever the original carrier was. Switching to a different carrier, it's usually clear, that doing so is gonna kill any working internet/data services that may have still been functioning on the phone. This is because you're changing the phone#, the PRL, and all of the carrier-specific username/password data settings, plus adding new service books for your new carrier, and service books only travel in a group, not by themselves. Simply loading new service books, wipes out any old service books, regardless of carriers involved. Keep in mind, if you're in your advanced settings, that a properly flashed cricket blackberry will only have 4 service books. This is compared to the average verizon blackberry (that was recently active and being used with verizon), which might have over 30 different service books, but all kinds of internet-based programs/apps/email/etc... Sprint blackberries don't have so many service books, usually closer to 20 different service books. Any properly flashed Cricket blackberry, just 4 lonely service books. But as far as I'm concerned, these are 4 service books straight from god, by way of tonycortes. We'll get more, in good time..

Oh yeah,. sometimes people will hook up to the their desktop blackberry manager, and try to implement a desktop email-sync type of thing, which will add a couple CNAME (or similarily named) service books. I don't think this ever works as intended with cricket, so don't bother trying, because sometimes it may even causes the cricket web and mms stuff to stop working...

Also, you mentioned openwave browser, and the need for an actual HTML browser. Good news on that request. It might have gotten turned off somehow on your blackberry, but the built-in browser is indeed HTML compatible, including stylesheets, javascript and cookies. You may need to enable those features, if they aren't already, from within the browser, just hit the menu button, choose options, and all the relevant settings should be in there.

A good site for doing some things most have trouble with on Cricket, is mobile.vuclip.com, which I have used to view youtube content on bb 8330, and maybe even an 8130, all on cricket. It's sort of a middle-man, and allows you to search youtube content, which I think it retrieves in a format that is more browser friendly. You may have to download the video, or at least a portion of it, before it plays, but it should play, and that's more than you'll get by visitting youtube directly. That pesky cricket proxy, will soon be a problem of the past (search 'HTML Data' in cricket subforum at howard forums), but until then, vuclip.com might be just the ticket....
    Keep in mind, a lot of the 3rd party stuff would probably work if you had a cricket broadband account that your blackberry could piggy-back on for data, while still using your normal phone account for calls/sms/mms. So if you happen to also have cricket broadband service, I can help you configure your blackberry to piggyback onto it... I've seens lots of 3rd party apps work with cricket using this method, for example, youtube, operamini, and even the "Audible" e-book software program (you can load ebooks using your pc or memory card, but you *have* to be able to login to their server, at least 1 time, before using ebooks on your card)...

Lastly, I think you said the person that sold you the blackberry said all services would work with cricket. Are they also the person that flashed it for you? If not, then go with the person who flashed it, if you want to know what it's capable of with Cricket. If anyone asks me if all services work on a flashed blackberry, I always say the same thing, initially:

"When I flash your blackberry to Cricket, this will enable the built-in web browser to work, and also you'll be able to send and receive picture messages."

That's it, and really, if *any* flashed phone has 100% working web + 100% working sending/receiving mms, that would be considered a full flash, by anyone's standards. Good thing the browser and mms is stable and should work without problems if correctly flashed to cricket. It allows us all to concentrate on 3rd party apps, and other cool stuff, whereas some phones, like PalmOS Treos, Sprint Centros, Samsung Instincts, Sprint Sanyos, are still struggling with MMS, and have to live with just a working browser. Heck, MMS on flashed Sprint phones would be more than enough to satisfy tons of people.. 6 months ago web/mms on blackberries wasn't even close, 1 year ago web on flashed sprint phones was thought impossible. Before that, each new type of phone seems impossible at first, until someone comes along with a solution that makes it look easy. And the easier it looks, usually it was that much more difficult to solve, and that person took time and effort, to make it look easy, and to be reliable, for other people to use on their phones.

tonycortes is the genius behind fully flashed blackberries, and we all can't thank him enough for opening up a world of possibilities, for Cricket, and many other carriers that won't be getting BIS/BES anytime soon.

I was the first person to fully-flash the motorola q to cricket with web/mms, and have made a few other accomplishments since then.. Many others have done the same with other phones on cricket. Don't worry, you're in good hands, and we're always looking to be able to make the most of our flashed cricket phones. Usually this means finding ways to do, what every other person/carrier says cannot be done...

Oh, and if you're not running OS 4.5+, then you might want to upgrade. 4.3 is most common OS version besides 4.5. Both will work fine with cricket, 4.5 or newer probably will work better. If you upgrade it yourself, you'll lose your cricket service books, unless you learn how to properly back them up first, using the method found in a thread on this site titled, "HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx". Sorry I don't have enough posts under my belt to post a url link, the the thread id# is t=106023.

Just be sure to adapt that method to only using it to save your service books, which you can then later restore, using same method, after you upgrade your OS. If this seems too daunting, ask the person who flashed your phone to do it for you, and they might cut you a deal. I usually only charge $20 for something like this, if the phone is already working with web+mms, and only needs an OS upgrade, or maybe some other custom request, which will break web+mms if not done properly...

Many times, I'll offer to upgrade to OS 4.5 if I notice an old OS, for the same price, at the cost of at least 1hr, cause you know those OS upgrades can sometimes take forever to boot up the first time..

Good luck with your quest, and sorry if I rambled a bit... or a lot. if I tried to go back and proofread/shorten, I fear I'd only add to it, so I'm leaving it alone... hey, more info is better than less info, when the info is accurate, which for the most part mine is based on stuff I do, daily, not based on stuff I've only read about..
    Hello, I am desparate for someone to help me get my data services on the Cricket network! I recently bought a Pearl 8130 from Ebay... yeah I know probably my first mistake?! It was supposedly fully flashed for Cricket, however I cannot get online? When I click on my browser icon it goes directly to the blackberry screen, not the web? I have been in advanced settings, service books, yet nothing! What can be done, if anything? I don't want to have to pay to get the phone flashed a 2nd time. I can send/recieve pic's in txt, and music in txt, just cannot get online via Cricket???? Can you help me?
    Peaches22
    Last edited by Peaches22; 08-20-09 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Add Username
    08-20-09 03:08 PM
    it is only the sprint ones andn i can't figure out why i sold three of these and am screwed if i can't get it to work. any ckues??
    08-31-09 12:25 PM
    I bought a flashed BB pearl also, and I am having problems connecting to the web, I did the ##000000 and entered my 10 digit # and the password "cricket"...I also called cricket and asked them to reset the web on my phone and I still cannot get on it. Any suggestions?!?
    09-07-09 11:08 PM
    i need help getting my web and mms i want to know how to program my blackberry 8130. its on the cricket network and i'm in cincinnati, ohio market. i updated the software and lost the internet and mms setting please need help
    09-15-09 03:54 AM
    I have a BB 8703e flashed to cricket using service books cricketSB.ipd and os 4.1 ... if i upgrade to 4.2 the prl reverts back to ...20xxxxx nv 0 unlocked nv 1 unlocked. still reverts to old prl.....downgrade to os 4.1 .... can receive mms cant send mms... can reply to received mms .... ##000000.set MIP to my#@mycricket.com....no option for SIP of "cricket" .......cant get IP address top of screen says "data connection refused" all ##000000 info set to forum suggestions no dice please help.
    09-18-09 05:53 PM
    beezlewaxin,
    Thank you i read your info i was having problems with my Internet and Picture meseging and now it all works just had to correct my display number for some reason the person who did my flasing enter my number correct except for the last didgit. i changed it now all works great.
    thank you
    jason

Hi,

Dial ##000000 (SEND)

a) ##000000 (SEND)

10-03-09 10:23 AM
    beezlewaxin that was a great post. I have a buddie that has a storm on Cricket and wants to up Grade to 230 . he is unclear on the steps to backup the cricket service books. could you outline the steps and files needed to backup/ restore..... greatly appreciated
    10-10-09 07:29 PM
    beezlewaxin,
    Thanks so much for posting all of your knowledge about Cricket. I've been thinking about having mine flashed to cricket but was a bit nervous because of all the negative chatter... But after reading your post-- it seems like with a bit of patience and tweaking everything should work out alright (fingers crossed)
    11-07-09 11:05 AM
    this **** is gay. i cant even post the service books link cuz i dont have 10 posts. sorry
    11-11-09 06:59 PM
    plzzz email me the cricket service books ... i have storm flashed with cricket and need the service books for internet to work ...
    11-12-09 04:39 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD