Hi

Have had a 8120 since January this year. Bought it unlocked in Curacao and now using it in Venezuela.

One problem is that the trackball isn't working well. Sometimes I have to use the "enter" key instad of pressing on the trackball to do things. Also it's very sensitive so if I scoll ever so gently itll scroll but other times I really have to work to get it to move.

Another issue is that my BB sometimes sends blank SMS messages. Yesterday it sent 3 in a row to the same person.

Very often when I go into an application or icon the screen will go back to the previous screen. Also it sometimes doesn't reconize the "back" button and will act like I hit "enter" or pressed the trackball.

Could all these issues be related to the trackball?Maybe I should take the ball out and clean it? I sometimes put it in my pocket so could I have damaged the ball in some way?

Please let me know what I can do because it's driving me nuts ...

Thanks

Jen
    06-11-09 03:25 PM
    Never mind! I backed up the � and updated to 4.5.something OS and it's working fine now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 07:30 AM
    Was! It's still all over the place. Can't someone help me?

Pleeese

06-16-09 03:03 PM
    06-16-09 04:32 PM
    Ok great! Let me try... Thanks

06-16-09 04:43 PM
    Sometimes mine will "slide" not click, or move at all. Its usualy dirty and if I use a baby wipe on the ball it starts working fine again. So I have made it a habit to clean my BB with a baby wipe weekly.

06-16-09 06:23 PM
    That's a cool trick...someone also said they spray a a soft cloth with windex and clean the phone...I guess I'll clean it fully and then use the baby wipes weekly...

06-16-09 07:12 PM
    Ok so I cleaned the trackball and still it's acting up; very sensitive, not responding and only clicking sometimes on icons so that I need to use the enter key.

My friend has a 8100...do you think we could try my trackball in her Berry and see if it does the same in hers? Are the 2 trackballs interchangeable?

This is really driving me crazy!

Thanks!

06-17-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD