I found this bb8110 today, i put my sim into it and wiped the whole thing.
    in the corner it shows signal and it says T-mobile. but when ever i try 2 call someone it says authorization failure(2 arrows on the signal are moving up and down), or when i send a text it says sending then it switches to ''Protocol error''
    any one have any clues why that may be? or any tips how to fix it?

thanks Dom
    07-24-09 05:32 PM
    The phone was "lost" by the original owner who in turn reported it "missing" and therefore, the carrier locked the IMEI and PIN on the phone which makes it worthless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 05:35 PM
    Unless you turn it in, of course...

07-24-09 05:36 PM
    The phone was "lost" by the original owner who in turn reported it "missing" and therefore, the carrier locked the IMEI and PIN on the phone which makes it worthless!

are you sure? why has it got signal and all that? and if your rright can i use it abroad?
    07-24-09 05:42 PM
    Unless you turn it in, of course...

how could i do that? and is it legal ?
    07-24-09 05:43 PM
    If it won't work in the States, it won't work overseas! If you really wanna turn it in, just walk into your local TMO dealer and tell them you want to turn in a phone you found. Simple as that.

I'm sorry, but truthfully, nobody on this site is gonna help you get the phone workable. We tend to frown upon people that use phones they found or stole (not saying you stole but some people have said that's what they did). Especially if they don't take the effort to turn it in first!

07-24-09 05:50 PM
    If it won't work in the States, it won't work overseas! If you really wanna turn it in, just walk into your local TMO dealer and tell them you want to turn in a phone you found. Simple as that.

I'm sorry, but truthfully, nobody on this site is gonna help you get the phone workable. We tend to frown upon people that use phones they found or stole (not saying you stole but some people have said that's what they did). Especially if they don't take the effort to turn it in first!

im in the uk not the states.. and i dont understand why it has full signal and when i got ino options and network thing then it says t mobie and all looks fine...
    07-25-09 07:15 AM
    it will be able to pick up a signal as thats centered from your sim card which is fine, its the imei thats blocked on the network hence why a call cant be made when the cross reference is made between the 2 when connecing your call

however, if it is more than highly likely that it is only blocked in the UK by UK networks and will work fine in another country
    07-25-09 10:27 AM
    how much would be be routhly to unlock the fone?
    07-26-09 04:45 PM
    What part of turn it in don't you understand. If it were yours, wouldn't you want the same courtesy?
    07-26-09 07:02 PM
    If the imei has been blocked it is illegal to unblock it tbh your better off handing it in to tmob and forgetting you ever "found it"

07-27-09 08:22 AM
    it happened to me (just now)

got a tmo unit. bought it from HK

i am based in macau, cant make any calls/cant sent sms. i edit all my contacts by adding +853 (00 and area code/country code) before any contact number

now its working well

it gives alot of goosebumps, but what i did is i remove the sim (by browsing here, the common problem is the sim) and placed it back to my SE phone

i can call

so its not the sim

a bit of this, a bit of that .. . BOOM!! i got it working

now, if i can only set up my yahoomail on my logicmail to have push, this unit be superb!!
    01-30-10 01:09 PM
    ive got a blackberry 3g 9330 and my sister dropped by accident and someone found it but before this my sister rang the police to say it was stolen and they said they will have it blocked but a few days after the phone got returned by the person that robbed it and my sister rang the police and they said that they will get 3 to unblock it, but anyways the phone is now mine and i have set it up for my use. i have also updated to software OS6 but when it try to call out it says authorization failure and it wont send or recieve text nor calls.

can anyone help me on this because ived tryed my hardest to get it working but i dont seem to have much luck
    05-16-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD