i pulled my battery out today to do a reset and looked at the indicator that tells you wether it got wet or not and noticed there were red x's. Now i never got it wet at all,the phone is brand new 5 days old from verizon. Can someone check theres please and let me know if its normal?? Thanks alot guys much appreciated.

*Also does anyone know how to get rid of that damn pesky ABC icon that always gets stuck in the upper rt hand corner for no reason?? Thanks
    01-14-08 04:04 PM
    do u mean the 4 x's on the bottom of the battery where it conects to the the i have them too but mine has never gotten wet either
    01-14-08 06:04 PM
    the abc icon means you are in multitap mode...
    if you switch to suretype it goes away...

-db
    01-14-08 06:05 PM
    those red Xs will run and turn the surrounding area pink when it gets wet
    01-14-08 06:09 PM
    The ABC icon is (or should) only be there when you are in a text input box. It changes to 123 when you switch to numbers using the alt button. The x's I have no idea about. I'd rather not pull my battery right now to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-08 06:10 PM
    Sith...thanks a lot. And as for the icon mine gets stuck in the corner alot

01-15-08 10:22 AM
    The liquid damage indicator the BlackBerry is a small 1/8" square sticker on the housing of the BB itself, NOT the red XXX on the battery. The red XXX may be a liquid damage indicator for the battery, but not for the BB.
    01-15-08 10:31 AM
    I think the red XXXXs are fine. When my old phone got wet, the X's smear. So the fact that the X's are still in tact means it hasn't gotten wet.
    10-09-08 06:26 PM
    Red XXXXs are fine. When the device gets wet, the Red XXXXs do smear, or fade away. I know this because I dropped my old phone in the dogs water, and thats what happened.
    10-10-08 08:14 AM
    When ABC gets stuck in the top righthand corner on the Home Screen, I just go into Media>Music and then close it out to the Home Screen again. That makes it go away for me. I'm sure it'd work if you opened messages and closed it, as well.
    10-10-08 09:45 AM
    it is weird my batt is the only thing that got wet apparently
    02-08-10 02:34 AM
    I agree with the above posters.

On the battery, the moisture indicator is white OR pinkish with RED XXXX on it. If the battery gets wet, the XXXX will smear or turn the whole sticker bright red.

Inside the battery compartment on your blackberry, there will be a small white sticker. This is your moisture indicator for the device itself. If it is another color other then white, your phone has been exposed to moisture... or taken a swim

I hope this clears things up.
    02-08-10 07:06 AM
    it is weird my batt is the only thing that got wet apparently
    The red xxx's are normal. It does NOT indicate moisture damage.

02-08-10 08:56 AM
    Where is the wet indicator on the blackberry tour 9630? I can't figure it out.
    08-16-10 04:13 PM
    on the battery
    08-16-10 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD