My BB 8130 (vzw) wont charge. I tried to get it to charge before i left for the Dominican republic but it didnt. Came home and got it to charge. Unfortuntly my keyboard blacklight and my message notification led will never shut off anymore (can you tell i beat the crap outta my phones yet?) Now when i charge it, it will trun white, have some sort of battery with a lightning bolt in it for 10 min then turn of and a message will come up saying " battery too low turning off handheld?? been messin with this thing for almost a week. Any suggestions.

Blackberry Tour!!! I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-04-09 09:03 AM
    you can try:

1. replacement battery, maybe the battery is shot

2. if it's under a year old, warranty replacement (might be a bad charging port)

3. insurance replacement
    06-04-09 09:08 AM
    My phone is 18months old.

Insurance phone is out cuz i want the tour in July (rumored)

New batts are not my thing. not for like $50

Any hardware/software things i can do. Already hard re-setted it and whatnot
    06-04-09 09:18 AM
    update. When on the charer the red LED blinks on and off every 5sec or so. Does that mean it is charging without being on? Should i touch it?

Love my blackberry and know its in's and outs except troubleshooting. . . never had a problem with it.
    06-04-09 09:29 AM
    yeah I would leave it on the charger for a bit and see if it charges up. If not you might have a bad charging port, and since no warranty and no insurance (btw you can switch devices on your insurance policy), you can see if there's a local BB repair place, or take it into a VZW store and see if they can take a look at it.
    06-05-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD