1. Hit "Emergency Call"
    2. or- Dial 911 then cancel once it is dialing
    *note* you will obtain full network speed. -This is not a limited voice-only connection.

I am surprised not one user has suggested this. At any rate, I hope this helps many users. I have used this on OS 4.2 and 4.5.

Best Wishes
    09-27-08 09:02 PM
    [*]Hit "Emergency Call"[*]or- Dial 911 then cancel once it is dialing
    *note* you will obtain full network speed. -This is not a limited voice-only connection.

I am surprised not one user has suggested this. At any rate, I hope this helps many users. I have used this on OS 4.2 and 4.5.

Best Wishes
    I'd be too afraid of accidental connection with 911 services. Unless there is an option for setting one of your own numbers for an emergency call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 10:44 PM
    welp...stop being a stoner(y) and you might have enough cells to attend to the [end] key whilst *calling* 911.

09-27-08 11:57 PM
    Clintonde,
    Good thing you use the forums, can't imagine what hassle you went through before. Lithium batteries rule.

pealja,
    If this is a regular problem for you, and you can't just charge it more often, I would suggest buying a spare battery. Or if being around power is a real problem, get solar power at intro
    09-28-08 12:07 AM
    welp...stop being a stoner(y) and you might have enough cells to attend to the [end] key whilst *calling* 911.

A friend of mine one time was joking around and dialled 911 on his house phone and hung up as soon as he finished dialing yet it registered the call and he got a call back from 911 asking if there was a emergency. He apologized stating there is a one touch emergency dial on the phone and it was aciddentally pressed with the phone off of the resting thing when he knocked over something on the counter. Luckily they bought it and didn't fine them for a prank call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 09:19 AM
    Good Story!

I am confident that those who truly need the signal during the low battery times will do what's right. It's pretty easy to tell if it's dialing and the wireless signal is there or if it's just stating that it's "connecting" and there is no wireless signal yet established.

When you tell the phone to make the emergency call it has to run through the process of turning on the radio and establishing a signal with the nearest tower. During this process you will see it pop into gsm GSM edge and EDGE. Just keep hitting end and you can't go wrong. ...sadly I have to do this all the time because I'm running on an old battery.

~Regards

...and yes, a new battery is in the mail. -never fear
    09-28-08 10:04 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD