K so, I've just bought a new Blackberry pearl 8120 just a little over a week ago
    and I've literally been charging my phone every other day (if I'm lucky) or EVERYDAY.

So i normally put my phone on standby and then slip it in the Blackberry black case that my phone came with, and other times i lock my phone then put it on stand by.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrongg! or what can I do to make my battery live longer! Because i seriously do not think that charging a phone every 2 days is normal.
    02-12-09 03:50 PM
    It all depends on what you do with your blackberry.
    I have to charge Mine Once a day.

I use the Internet, BBM, Aim, Texts, Emails, And Phone Calls All Day by the time i get home i have to charge it
    02-12-09 04:52 PM
    I always keep my berry on the charger over night. If you use a berry for what it is meant to do charging every day is not a big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 04:57 PM
    I charge mine every night but it could probably last a day and a half. I use it a lot during the day though, for messaging, texting, calling, and to listen to music.

If you don't do any of these make sure you completely exit from all your apps, particularly third party apps. Some, like BB messenger, never close. Check to see what's running by pressing the shift button (the one on the far bottom left) and then the return button (the one to the right of your trackball) at the same time. If you leave apps like google maps running, select it then hit menu then exit or close. Having apps run in the background is a huge battery drainer.

Hope this helps!

02-12-09 05:36 PM
    omgg, yeahh thankk you redsoxrocker!!!
    my internet was openn on facebook, and i had so many other applications that were open as well !!

and now i'm relieved to know that i'm not the only one that has to charge their phone almost everyday because i do use my phone for texting basically all day long.

thanks!
    02-12-09 07:46 PM
    My Pearlie did that as well when I first bought it. However, once I started closing out my programs, and got rid of Facebook, everything went smoothly. I am glad it worked out.
    02-12-09 07:49 PM
    I have never owned a cell phone that I didn't have to charge every night. It has just become a habit. And now that I am constantly using my BB for something I notice the battery dying a lot quicker than any other cell. That's ok with me! It is being used.
    02-12-09 08:27 PM
    Just curious...is there a batter that is OEM you can buy that is longer lasting? Longer use time?
    02-12-09 08:30 PM
    Seido makes a an extended battery in the OEM formfactor, there is also an extended battery that bumps out the back, check the CrackBerry store.

02-12-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD