Alright i bought a new blackberry pearl and it was working perfect, battery worked and everything. 3 days later, I went to reboot it because it had froze, i still had about 20% battery at the time, I restarted it and it didnt work. I pulled the battery put it back in and it shows the blackberry screen for a split second than shows a screen with a battery and a red x through it, but there is also a progress bar at the bottom that stops about 3/4 of the way through and it wont go anywhere. I left it hooked to the charger overnight and couldnt get it to work and it wont connect to the PC to try and do a restore of the OS. Is my battery shot or what else can I do?
    04-05-11 06:12 PM
    which OS are you on?

The same exact thing has happened to me. As a matter of fact it just happened to my second BB pearl 9105, which was a replacement after it happened to my first.

It seems it has to do with the OS not being able to verify that the battery is the correct one, and hence will not complete the start up, or some such thing. While in OS 5 I get a screen with a battery with a red x over it and a loading-bar that never passes 70%, whilst in OS 6 the LED will wink out and the OS will try to load for half a second before the screen goes black. If nobody has a clue, I�ll return this phone too, and won�t be getting a new one.

Both times the problems have started, I�ve been using OS 6 from Telus.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 04-21-11 at 05:49 AM.
    04-21-11 03:53 AM
    I have a Pearl 9105 3G and I have bricked my phone a couple of times but have always managed to restore it. Also, I have never had a problem such as yours, a lot of my friends have 9105's too but they are all on the original OS5 provided, I am using the leaked OS6.0.0.481. Did you guys try to connect it with DM or App Loader? Also, check if it charges once connected in USB mode, if not then there is definitely a problem and I would suggest returning it to your dealer.
    04-21-11 04:07 AM
    I had a Pearl 91003G I returned it now for a new phone, because I bought a new battery for it, and it still did the exact same thing so it must of been the OS or something. But when I connected via USB I tried to do a restore it worked for about 2 minutes than shut down again saying phone was not plugged into the USB so I just went in and got a replacement phone. Battery would not charge either way, so I have no idea
    04-21-11 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD