What is the battery life like on the bb flip? I've got 2 friends that just joined the bb world with flips. The are complaining about not being able to get thru the day on a full charge.

Is the battery really smaller than a curve? My 8330 last pretty easily all day, so I'm not sure what to tell them. I have already shown them about closing apps properly, but maybe someone has another idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 11:22 PM
    Mine is kinda bad. I honestly charge it for at least 8 hours and I can't use it for like anymore than 6 hours. I have a second battery that I have charged at all times!

05-26-09 01:09 AM
    I'd consider buying an extra battery, but my battery life lasts about a day and a half with just:

-1 hour of talking

-About 30 texts

-No wi-fi or bluetooth on
    05-26-09 07:18 AM
    Somewhere I picked up that maybe an os update will help, but what's the latest update for the cdma flip? The one stickyed at the top looks like the gsm version.

05-26-09 07:25 AM
    About a month ago I posted all the battery life tips I could find. (This topic comes up just about that often.) Using all of those tips, I can go about a day and a half between charges.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/bat...tricks-210271/
    05-26-09 09:34 AM
    So is the battery really smaller on a flip than a curve or any other bb?

05-26-09 10:46 AM
    So is the battery really smaller on a flip than a curve or any other bb?
    Pearl Flip uses the same 900mAh C-M2 battery used by all the Pearl models. Curve uses a different, larger 1000mAh C-S2 battery. Feel free to Google the other models.
    05-26-09 10:56 AM
    I have used most of the tips I have learned off this site, but then I am on my third phone since 5/07/09. The current phone I have has definately had better battery life compared to the previous two. Does this suggest bad new batteries? I have had increased usage of the phone these past few days and was surprised as I would have been without a phone with the past batteries.
    05-29-09 09:09 PM
    I upgraded my Flips OS from the Alltel 4.6.1.208 to 4.6.1.236 and it has helped the battery life quite a bit. I recommend doing the upgrade. I got the link from the Blackberryforums.com thread on the 82XX series......
    05-31-09 01:21 AM
    I upgraded my Flips OS from the Alltel 4.6.1.208 to 4.6.1.236 and it has helped the battery life quite a bit. I recommend doing the upgrade. I got the link from the Blackberryforums.com thread on the 82XX series......
    Were there any other improvements you noticed updrading to the new OS?? I have to admit I am not overly pleased with the battery life on the flip - was considering buying a 2nd battery for it actually.
    05-31-09 12:06 PM
    You can get a new battery from ebay or
    Amazon for around $5.00 on ebay the battery only charger is around $10.00 its good to have a extra battery or 2 charged up

Last edited by dfw3064; 05-31-09 at 01:42 PM.
    05-31-09 01:40 PM
    I say definitely get a backup battery. You can find some for less than $3 as well on ebay. I have 2 extras, and luckily I haven't had to use them, but I keep them charged in my purse just in case.
    05-31-09 03:22 PM
    Being that I went from a Pearl to a Curve to a Flip, I just keep my Pearl Charged at all times. I then change out batteries from the Pearl to the Flip.

What I am a little, not a lot, upset about is they changed the design on the mini usb port on the Flip. It uses the rounded usb instead of the square one.

I now have to have two chargers with me. I keep the dead Battery charging in the Pearl for instant replacement and also have the Flip car charger just incase I forget to charge the Pearl's battery.

I went to work with a fully charged battery and my phone died and shut down by the time I got home (11 hours). If I had the other battery with me I would have been fine, and could have charged the dead one. as they say, lessons learned.

I will have to wait and see if by draining and fully charging has an impact on it also.

If the Flip is anything like the Pearl, don't just charge it when it is half full/drained. Wait until it goes in the red before you charge it.

Out of curiosity, from mentioned in the above post, how does an upgrade to the OS help the battery life on a phone. Does it sustain from using more power than needed?

I actually would like to see an extended bateery come to life, but what would that do to the Flip? how would it affect the style of the back of the phone.

Could one just use the same size battery and just make it better?

msblueline
    05-31-09 04:56 PM
    $66 shipped, and it looks like it'll definitely make your phone bulky.

ElectraSpan Extended Battery for BlackBerry 8220 - bw-103-3410-0 - Buy.com

Don't know about the OS upgrade.
    05-31-09 07:35 PM
    I looked at that and you are right. I think that would stick out too far. Might even make the phone look extremely bulky too.

msblueline
    06-02-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD