I know, I know, this topic has been discussed ad nauseam but I'm at a loss.

My battery is supposed to last three days on standby, but it hardly gets through a day now. I have to charge it halfway during the day ... even when I don't use it. I have MapQuest, UberTwitter, Foursquare, Facebook and a couple other apps that aren't open by default. Basically, I always hit Menu twice and hit Switch Application to check to make sure that the regular five and ONLY the regular five apps are working in the background (by regular I mean, Phone, BBM, Messages, Home and Browser)

Else, my battery still dies really fast! Half a day even without using my data comm or any of my apps and I still lose half a bar walking from my dorm to class (which takes like 5-10 minutes). I have a new battery, but even then when I charged it full and tried it - it died within a day too.

My phone is about 1.5 years old, and so is the battery. Maybe I should give the new battery a try again? Otherwise, help - I don't know what else is draining the battery!
    05-03-10 11:58 PM
    there were problems with the batteries in the early phones. does your battery have sharp squared off corners along the long side edges? if so, it's squirrelly. does it appear a bit swollen? that's a definite sign of problems.

vzw just replaced mine even though the phone was barely out of warranty, as it was a known issue. new battery has more rounded edges and works great. take it to a store and they can test it.

my symptoms were extreme battery drain (like full charge to radio shutdown in the span of a 5min call) and random reboots.
    05-04-10 11:06 AM
    You know in the last week my batteries endurance has suffered a serious decline as well.
    05-04-10 05:56 PM
    I've put in my new battery, one I ordered a while ago. It drains slower now, but still drains too quickly on standby.
    05-05-10 04:41 AM
    Get a new battery...........that is the only solution to the issue.
    05-05-10 04:49 AM
    Wi-fi mode?? that will kill you.

How about any sort of gps app? When you have gps, your phone never goes into sleep mode, as it is contatntly updating your location. Foursquare actually might be doing this to you.

Your browser app does not need to be working in the background. Close it.
    05-05-10 09:38 AM
    wifi mode is off. no GPS app - I uninstalled Google Maps and have MapQuest but it's not running. Foursquare is exited every time. I read that the browser is always on ...
    05-05-10 11:48 PM
    ...Else, my battery still dies really fast! Half a day even without using my data comm or any of my apps and I still lose half a bar walking from my dorm to class (which takes like 5-10 minutes). I have a new battery, but even then when I charged it full and tried it - it died within a day too.

My phone is about 1.5 years old, and so is the battery. Maybe I should give the new battery a try again? Otherwise, help - I don't know what else is draining the battery!
    See the link in my signature. The tips that helped me the most were upgrading the OS, setting BerryWeather/WeatherBug update frequency, and using UMA over available Wi-Fi. My phone and battery are 1.5 years old and I get about a day and a half of battery life, though I charge it each and every night. YMMV however because I have good tower strength everywhere I go.
    05-06-10 10:54 AM
    well if u dont have any apps like GPS running 24/7... just get a replacement battery for $10 and try that one..
    05-08-10 02:29 PM
    23hrs=75%

Haven't done anything other then a few texts.
    05-10-10 05:36 PM
    i'll probably have to get a new battery after this ... but not any time soon.
    05-11-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD