I picked up a Pearl on 3/1. Everything seemed ok with the phone but it was locking up randomly so I brought it in and they exchanged it for a new one, including the battery. The new phone, while everything seems to work 100%, doesn't last as long as my first one.

I have tried doing a few complete recharge cycles even though everything I read about lithium ion says it's not necessary and the battery life has not improved.

Now... Desktop Manager reports that the battery level is 64% while the phone says it's 100%. Can someone explain what the heck is going on? Cause if I have to take this phone back (again!), I will be sorely disappointed.

I am pretty well versed in these things and I have searched over the last couple of days for a similar problem. I never saw a thread where anyone even mentioned the desktop manager battery level.
    03-16-08 10:33 PM
    I know when I got my 8130, the battery drained pretty fast the first week or so, but after that, I can go a couple of days (depending on usage) before the battery gets below 40%.
    03-16-08 10:44 PM
    Had the battery swapped out and I'm still having the same issue. The phone says it's at 100% right now while the Desktop Manager software reports 72%. When I first got home, the phone was less than 15% and Desktop Manager reported 100%. WTF is going on?
    03-19-08 12:56 AM
    I don't know much about the desktop manager problem. But I do know that my battery is getting better the longer that I have had it. The battery drained faster at first, but after a couple of weeks it is lasting longer.
    03-19-08 01:04 AM
    It seemed like my first phone lasted longer right out of the box. Oh well, if this doesn't improve I'm taking it back and waiting for the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD