I have the 8230 with the .284 os (just upgraded to that a day ago). It is constantly sending/receiving data, therefore KILLING my battery. I have to disable the data services to stop the sending/receiving. I always close the brower when I am done. I had facebook, myspace and yahoo mail installed on it but I have removed them and any other 3rd party apps. I have alt+escaped to see what programs are running but it's just the norm. I have tried the tried and true battery pull but nothing works! This is the 4th flip I have had in less than 6 months and I am so frustrated! I'm about ready to call it quits with this model. Alltel says they will replace this with anothert model if this one doesn't work properly but I really like the flip feature. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing the battery drain? I'm talking like...15 minutes of talk time after a whole night of charging and maybe 5 minutes of browser time. In a couple of hours, no battery left!!! What can I do?
    09-10-09 01:49 PM
    Did the problem start after you upgraded or its been happening?

I suggest you switch over to the curve since the flip is been givin you so many problems! Curve is a very solid phone...
    09-10-09 02:07 PM
    It was happening before I did the upgrade. If I have to switch, I was thinking about the Bold...but isn't that fairly new too? I need reliability not just something new.
    09-10-09 02:24 PM
    can be the upgrade u.u or may you are in a zone with bad signal? that make u phone spend more energy
    09-10-09 02:27 PM
    It might be a bad battery, especially if Alltel has just been swapping out the phone itself. See if Alltel will replace the battery with a brand new one. Try switching off Data Services for a couple of days to confirm that the data traffic is the real cause of the battery drain.

There were some threads a few months ago about batteries overheating and draining in pizza time (30 minutes or less), in the 8100 and 8220. 8220 was solved by upgrading the phone OS. I haven't checked on the 8100 progress.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/822...ng-hot-236912/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/my-p...heating-14276/
    09-10-09 02:52 PM
    I will try it with the data services off for a couple of days (a bad battery was my only guess left). I've had them turned off all day today but haven't used the phone much and still have (after recharging this morning) almost a full battery.

I will post the details on how this works out!

Thanks for the help.
    09-10-09 03:38 PM
    OK! It doesn't seem to be data sending/receiving causing my battery drain. I called Alltel to ask about a replacement battery and they said since it was an "accessory", it only had a 90 day warranty and so I should call BB tech support...for a fee! I am so aggrivated with this whole situation! It doesn't seem like I have many options. I can pay to talk to a tech person at BB or buy a new battery. At the risk of sounding cheap, I don't think I should HAVE to talk to BB OR buy a new battery...since I've only techinally had THIS phone for a little over 3 months!!! It seems that ALLTEL has be over a barrell once again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    09-11-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD