Two weeks ago, I installed 4.5.0.160 and BBM 5.0 on my Pearl 8130. Two days ago, my battery suddenly started to drain really quickly. My battery usually last for about 1.5 days on average (one day if I'm using the phone, a lot). I use the Seidio extended battery.

I checked all my applications and made sure they were closed but my battery would not last more than half a day. I managed to fix this issue but I want to know if any of you have had a similar problem with any of these applications:
    • BBM 5.0
    • Blackberry App World 1.1 (not installed, but is in the Service Books and the icon is hidden)
    • Viigo 3.0
    • Twitterberry 0.9.1.1
    • OS 4.5.0.160

I was using OS 4.5.0.160 and the above-listed apps. I downgraded Viigo to Viigo lite (2.7) but my battery drained so fast it was as if my BB had wifi.

So, I downgraded to the official VZW OS of 4.5.0.138 and got rid of: BBM 5.0, Twitterberry, deleted Blackberry App World from the Service Books [yes, I know it comes back when you pull the battery] and Twitterberry 0.9.1.1.

Current apps on my -- now stable -- BB: Viigo lite, Google Maps 3.0.2 (it's been on the phone for a while, occasionally used and always closed properly), Amazon app (also been on the phone for a while, occasionally used).

So, did anyone run into a massive battery drain issue with the listed OS/Apps?
    08-13-09 08:20 PM
    You may already know this but if you have had your browser up and running and you don't officially close it, it runs silently in the background, gobbling up battery the whole time.
    08-14-09 09:46 AM
    I've never had a problem with any os or any of the apps that ice tried that you listed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 05:04 PM
    Same problem but with the earlier version of software.

I just installed 4.5.0.138 on my VZW 8130 and now the battery drains so quickly it's quite incredible. The battery is dead as a doornail within 24 hours, so dead that I can't even turn it on. Even if I shut the phone off with 50% battery at night the next morning it's dead.

Under my previous software, which naturally I didn't write down, I was getting 2-3 days no problem.

Very disappointing in the qa department for Verizon and RIM.

Any suggestions?
    08-20-09 02:52 PM
    I've done two things: switched to a newer Seidio extended battery (swapped with someone in my household), and made sure all my apps are closed by going to BB symbol key > close/exit.

Battery stopped draining. I even installed Viigo 3.1.352 (memory hog).

My original Seidio battery is about two years old. Maybe that was the issue.
    08-20-09 04:04 PM
    You may already know this but if you have had your browser up and running and you don't officially close it, it runs silently in the background, gobbling up battery the whole time.
    There are 5 apps that continuously run in the backround even when properly closed. They are your homepage browser bbm call log and your email icon.

I have battery draining problems since I recently update my bbm and os. But no one who has downloaded the bbm 5.0 has had any battery problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD