Does anybody's 8120 seem to have a loose battery cover? I recently upgraded and mine seems to be loose. I have also noticed that in my store the ones that I have sold also seem to be loose.
    05-08-08 08:23 PM
    yeah mine is loose too and i've seen in some other forums that their's are loose too. i think if you get a bigger battery, not sure which one, it fits and the door fits more snugly
    05-09-08 08:47 AM
    i took a small sticker...like the ones children use for art projects...that are sort of "puffy" and stuck it inside the cover...

the sticker "pushes" the cover against the slots that hold it in place...it works marvelously...

one of those stickers they sell to keep cabinets from slamming shut when they close would work too...

the trick is to make sure the sticker is not TOO thick as it will put a bulge in the battery cover...

cheers.

-db
    05-09-08 08:56 AM
    wow i never would have thought of that. i just have a gel skin cover for mine and never notice it
    05-09-08 09:01 AM
    i actually notice it MORE when the gel is on...it squeaks a little...

try it it really works..

-db
    05-09-08 09:16 AM
    Yeah I actually got the bigger 1250mah battery and it seems to fix it, I will have to get a sticker for the factory battery I guess.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 03:57 PM
    My O2 pearl battery cover moves ~1-2mm when I try and jiggle it.
    05-09-08 04:59 PM
    try my trick...

it wont jiggle anymore...trust daddy

-db
    05-09-08 06:29 PM
    try my trick...

it wont jiggle anymore...trust daddy

-db
    haha, ok i will
    05-10-08 01:25 PM
    I actually had a 8120 for about 24 hours before I returned it the next day in exchange for the curve 8320. I thought I had a defective unit because I thought a loose battery cover door on such a new expensive phone would have surely been a defect. Now that I have heard of many people with the same problem, I am beginning to think that it is the norm for the majority of 8120s to come with a loose fitting battery door cover. I have had the curve for about a week, and it's form factor feels a lot more tight and solid with no moving parts. It also weighs a little more adding to the solid feeling of the device. There is still a chance that I might send it back for another 8120. It just sucks that I might have to "customize" the 8120 with a sticker to make the battery door work like it should. I would want the 8120 for the extra media card space, newer OS, video recording, and most of all, the 100 dollar price difference. If I knew for sure that RIM was going to release the 4.5 OS update, I would just stay with the curve. Perhaps Rim will announce the new OS updates at WES this week.
    05-10-08 04:06 PM
    Maybe I'm the oddball or maybe just luck but mine is snug fit and it doesn't move.But I'll keep in mind just in case.
    05-11-08 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD