Okay, I've searched all the forums, etc. as well as my user manuals. I want to know if there's an alert of some sort that my battery has been fully charged and/or complete. My treo's always changed LED flash color, as well as displayed a message on the home screen the charge is complete. The only way I've found to see if the battery is completely charged or needs to stay plugged in longer is to go into options, etc. Visual alert or something? Thanks
    02-22-08 04:49 PM
    Other than seeing the on screen indicator, or Options > Status, there is not a full charge alert.
    02-22-08 05:02 PM
    Thank you, I appreciate your quick answer.
    02-22-08 05:59 PM
    Is it ok to charge our 8130 everyday? You know, when you get home
    from work or school and you charge it all night until the morning.
    02-22-08 06:23 PM
    Bump......
    02-22-08 07:42 PM
    I dont see why charging it overnite would be a problem, I do that.. i dont think its a big deal..

but if thats not advised, id like to know too
    02-22-08 08:10 PM
    yeah, i don't think w/ this type of battery there's a problem w/ "over-charging." from what i've been told it's not really an issue. i don't have to charge mine a lot, tho. about 1/2 hour each day, maybe.
    02-22-08 08:19 PM
    If you're using the proper charger, no risk of overcharging, they turn off when charge complete. When the little onscreen plug indicator disappears, charging stops.
    02-22-08 08:41 PM
    I know personally on my 8110 when the charge is complete the led turns green.
    02-22-08 10:04 PM
    If you're using the proper charger, no risk of overcharging, they turn off when charge complete. When the little onscreen plug indicator disappears, charging stops.
    Exactly right
    02-22-08 10:22 PM
    yup, no problem leaving it plugged in. i figured that out, as the BB wont charge via USB from my pc without the client software installed in the os, so yeah, its smart enough to detect no sofware is installed, so wont charge itself at all (i think thats kinda bogus myself but meh...)

when i'm not away from my pc using my phone it stays plugged in. i have to charge it every day anyway.

plus.. who cares if the battery dies.. i have total equipment protection, and 99.999% the time, that fully covers battery replacement without question from your provider.

cheers
    02-23-08 02:19 AM
    I was at the verizon store today and a rep told me that, contrary to what I thought, batteries do not need to be "conditioned", that is fully drained and then charged fully...he said that was true two years ago, but no longer the case......any confirmation of this out there?
    02-24-08 02:27 PM
    I know personally on my 8110 when the charge is complete the led turns green.
    Yes, you are correct, but that is when the BB is turned off. Consequently, that is the only way to tell from a distance if your BB is fully charged. Yet, how many turn their BBs off for that long
    02-24-08 04:19 PM
    The batt. charging I have found that it varies by MFG. Trust me I had many many cells.
    02-24-08 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD