I currently have a BB Pearl 8100 for TMobile, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the BB Pearl Flip. However, with my current Pearl, if the battery gets low, I can't just plug it in and use the phone - it will still die. If it dies, I can't use it for a few hours until it's nearly done charging (which is ridiculous). I've hated this since the first time it's happened, and I've heard from a few people that this is an issue with Blackberry phones.

I talked to a sales rep at TMobile about this, and she just said, "Well, just keep your phone charged and you won't have that issue." Hmmm, you think? My god, I charge my phone nearly every night, but I also use it a lot for work. If the battery gets low and I'm at work and still need to use it, then what? I've never had a phone where I couldn't just plug it in and keep using it. Very frusterating.

Anyway, my question for people who already have the Flip is, does that phone have that issue, or is it possible to plug it in and use it, even if the battery indicates that it's low when you plug it in to charge? I'd hate to buy another phone that doesn't allow that.

Many thanks!
    02-04-09 09:07 PM
    I have used my Pearl 8100, 8220 and Curve 8320 while it was charging from a dying battery...

So to answer your question: you should be fine, but your 8100 should be doing this too.
    02-04-09 09:17 PM
    If you use your phone a lot at work, I would suggest buying the charging dock. It's really nifty for being able to quickly plop it in and let it charge while your not using it, and then grab it and go when you need too.
    02-05-09 12:42 AM
    I have an 8100 as well and have had the same problem. I fail to see how telling someone to get a charging dock and extra battery answers the question of whether this problem is something that will happen on the flip or not. It is a solution, I suppose, but not an answer to the question.
    02-05-09 03:46 PM
    I have an 8100 as well and have had the same problem. I fail to see how telling someone to get a charging dock and extra battery answers the question of whether this problem is something that will happen on the flip or not. It is a solution, I suppose, but not an answer to the question.
    Read my previous post....
    02-05-09 03:50 PM
    It was a suggestion... In fact... I said... "this is a suggestion"

suggestion does not equal answer
    02-05-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD