Hi are the batteries that can be purchased through here new, and reliable?

are they just like purchasing one from like att or something but just cheaper?
    09-01-08 02:49 PM
    anyone kno??
    09-01-08 03:34 PM
    They are the same unless you buy the extended battery
    09-01-08 03:37 PM
    okk thanks... and iss it possible for a battery to go bad?
    09-01-08 03:40 PM
    Crackberry only sells new products. I've been very satisfied with anything I have ever purchased. Prices are very competitive as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 03:41 PM
    okk thanks... and iss it possible for a battery to go bad?
    Over time, yes it is possible.
    09-01-08 03:42 PM
    okk.... well it would make sense since ive had the same batt for about a yr...

also if the batt is bad would the blk berry not wrk? like for example the batt died i put the phone on charge and its screen stayed on a spinning hour glass.... and wont doo anything else.

could that result from a bad batt?
    09-01-08 03:45 PM
    im sry i hav alot of questions
    09-01-08 04:02 PM
    Hi are the batteries that can be purchased through here new, and reliable?

are they just like purchasing one from like att or something but just cheaper?
    Caveat emptor - I'm not sure if this was implemented in the 8100 - but I do know because of some dangers exhibited by third-party batteries (overheating, fire, explosion), newer handsets handshake with an electronic "thumb-print" in RIM's own OEM batteries. Amy other battery is throttled back to charge more slowly in an attempt to avoid those above-mentioned challenges.

Batteries last a good, long time, so the savings with a bargain brand quickly disappears.

And my solution for extra capacity is to tote a secondary rechargeable battery pack (Tekkeon) with its own USB charging port - I can keep going a few extra days with that.
    09-05-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD