My girlfriend's Pearl drains battery like mad. She spoke to another BB user who told here its possible she has a worm that is draining her battery... Anyone encounter anything like this?
    05-20-10 11:50 PM
    Well worms usually live in the dirt so...

But seriously it is my understanding that Blackberrys are not affected by any kind of worm/trojan. Most likely she either has an app that is continually updating itself (like a stock market app refreshing every 15 min) or she fails to CLOSE apps and they continue to run in the background. If you conclude those are not the problem you may consider upgrading to a new OS, as they often contain battery saving tweaks.

Worst case scenario is that the phone has a hardware problem and nothing you do will stop the battery drain, then you must request a new phone.
    05-21-10 08:35 AM
    It could also be a coverage issue. If she is in a bad coverage area and the signal constantly bounces between 3G and 2G the battery is going to take a huge hit and most likely be dead in a few hours.

Just something else to look at.
    05-21-10 09:21 AM
    there is a known issue with some of the early batteries. pull it out and have a look. does it appear at all swollen? are the corners sharp or slightly rounded?

i had the issue. the battery was clearly swollen and the case had sharp edges. the local verizon store replaced it under warranty, and the replacement battery has much more rounded corners.
    05-24-10 09:17 PM
    make sure the battery isn't water damaged! My battery was draining like crazy and when I pulled it out some how the battery sticker was a little pink! I don't know how though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 11:46 PM
    The sticker on the battery isn't a moisture sensor.
    05-26-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD