I have a Pearl 8310 and installed a 2Gb Lexar media card. Downloaded music files using both the Roxio Media Manager and dragging/dropping from My Computer. The card was about half full and seemed to be working ok.
    After awhile I noticed some music was not showing up in the bb Music Player so I decided to open the card on my PC and check things out, but I cannot get the media card to show up in the drives list. I promise that I've checked and double checked to ensure my media card options, Mass Storage Mode, Desktop Manager/Media Manager, etc. are all set correctly - even tried alternate settings in a million combinations. I have removed the battery for several minutes, reformatted the card, and to no avail.

The Desktop manager does seem to be working correctly (e-mail, calendar, etc. ok), and I can see photos in the device (not card) memory using Roxio. If I go to "My Devices" in Roxio, the device memory shows but the card does not.
    On the bb itself, in the Media Card Options screen I can see that there is 1.8Gb free space on the media card, but with the bb connected to the PC it says "The media card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use." Can the cards go bad? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by Eddies Car; 04-29-08 at 06:17 PM. Reason: additional information
    04-29-08 06:07 PM
    Welcome to CB. Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Also try rebooting your PC.
    04-29-08 06:16 PM
    Good luck enjoy your BB.

Welcome to CB.
    04-29-08 06:23 PM
    Good luck enjoy your BB.

Welcome to CB.
    You may want to read Posting Rules & Guidelines

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.
    04-29-08 07:27 PM
    Yes, cards can go bad, but before you write this one off I'd definitely try sunkast's recommendations. Also, you might want to invest in a card reader (regardless of whether this card has gone bad). I have one built into my pc and it's so much easier for me to add stuff to the card. Also, it takes the BB out of the equation so troubleshooting is easier.
    04-29-08 09:52 PM
    Before investing...also try to reformat the card and see if that fixes the issue. Reformatting will remove all data stored on the card but it kind of resets it so that may fix the problem.
    04-30-08 04:03 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Here’s what has not worked (I’ve done these things multiple times in varying order and combinations):
    • Re-formatted the card through the bb options.
    • Pulled the bb battery (both when the power was on and off).
    • Restarted the PC, and completely shut-down and restarted.
    • Turned Media Card Support on and off
    • Turned Mass Storage Mode on and off
    • Attempted accessing card using BB Desktop Manger/Roxio Media Manager
    • Attempted accessing card through My Computer

I did not have a separate card reader when I posted the question yesterday, nor when I tried the things listed above. Today I have an external card reader – here’s what happened.
    • Removed media card from bb and plugged it into the reader, then plugged reader into USB slot on PC
    o PC error message appeared saying “The Unknown USB Device is a HI-SPEED USB device and will function at reduced speed when plugged into a non-HI-SPEED port” and suggesting that I plug it into a HI-SPEED port, which I did.
    • Media card drive showed up in My Computer and opened flawlessly.
    • “Blackberry” folder appeared on the drive
    • Opened the “Blackberry” folder, found that it was already populated with other folders (Music, Pictures, Ringtones, Videos). Each of these folders was empty, as expected, since I recently reformatted the card.

Without copying files or doing anything else to the folders, I then re-installed the media card into the blackberry, just to see if this would “jump-start” the card. It worked! The card shows up in My Computer, and through Roxio Media Manager. I have been able to copy files to the card through all the various methods and it seems to be working now.
    There are still a couple of unanswered questions - why did I lose some music files, and then why wouldn't the card show up at all... but using a separate card reader and opening it directly on a PC seems to be the solution at this point.

Thanks again for your help.
    04-30-08 02:12 PM
    Try this link for your answer,as i had the same problem

rockwellmedia.blogspot.com

Donald
    04-30-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD