Can you use the verizon backup assistant feture with the pearl 8130. i had it with my razor but can not find it with my pearl
    05-11-08 06:19 PM
    No, it's part of get it now, BBs don't support it, but if you get Motorola Phone Tools, it also syncs to outlook, that's how I transferred my contacts to my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 06:25 PM
    You can also go to a Verizon store and they will load all your contacts. They did it for me when I first got mine.

05-11-08 07:02 PM
    Vzw stores can switch your contacts, however, they load an app called cellebex? Not sure on the spelling, On your berry. It only does a basic transfer (names&#s). You lose additional info, like addresses. Also, unless it's changed recently, you have to have your OS on your pc to remove the app from your phone, they can't/won't do it at the store and the one I got rid of had no delete option on the BB.
    GL

05-11-08 08:33 PM
    I used Motorola Phone Tools to export all of my contacts from my Razr to an Excel file. Then I went in and edited/added/deleted them so that I can (hopefully) just import them to my BB when I get it.

Kelly Carter did a good blog on importing contacts using Excel but I can't post links yet. PM me if you want the address.
    05-12-08 08:24 AM
    I used Motorola Phone Tools to export all of my contacts from my Razr to an Excel file. Then I went in and edited/added/deleted them so that I can (hopefully) just import them to my BB when I get it.

Kelly Carter did a good blog on importing contacts using Excel but I can't post links yet. PM me if you want the address.
    Motorola Phone Tools syncs directly to Outlook, BBs sync to Outlook, no need to mess with Excel. Just Sync your razr to outlook, then when you get your BB, do a 1 way sync from outlook to your BB.
    05-12-08 08:47 AM
    Motorola Phone Tools syncs directly to Outlook, BBs sync to Outlook, no need to mess with Excel. Just Sync your razr to outlook, then when you get your BB, do a 1 way sync from outlook to your BB.
    Understood. However, I wanted to make some combine my Razr and Outlook contact lists and then make some changes so I used Excel. Also, I use Outlook at work but can't install the BB software on my work PC.
    05-12-08 09:02 AM
    Have Verizon Transfer from your existing phone to your Blackberry, then push from Outlook. You will end up with both the contacts from your existing phone and Outlook. Just delete duplicates in Outlook afterwards. Worked for me.
    05-12-08 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD