Trying to back up all my photos from my 8100 before I update the OS. I ran the Backup / Restore, but I don't see that it backed up any of my pics there. So I looked in My Computer and found the BB as the removable hard drive. I find the Pictures folder in there, but it only has 4 out of my 160 photos in there. I also could not find any way to move my photos to the Mini SD card.

All the photos are located on the device at /Device Memory/home/user/pictures

Could anyone assist me with this one?

Any help is appreciated
    -Dan
    05-28-08 04:21 PM
    wow how do you have any memory left lol go the picture hit the menu button then find move to media card
    05-28-08 04:23 PM
    go to media>photos

open photo>menu>move>memory card.

-db

seriously your file free must be near zero...
    05-28-08 04:24 PM
    I was hoping I didn't have to move all 160 of my photos one by one.
    Yeah, I am having memory issues. Another reason why I wanted to move them to my computer or sd card.
    05-28-08 04:30 PM
    Could also move them to your computer...
    05-28-08 04:31 PM
    i dont thinkyou can move them all at once...

it would be nice...

whenever i have to do something like this (manually enter hundreds of contacts for instance...) i set small goals like ...ok tonight i will move 50 pictures while watching the baseball game (what better time...)

-db

good luck
    05-28-08 04:32 PM
    ya that would probably be easier !
    Please explain...
    aha...

you mean connect to the pc and use mass media and just drag and drop into my pictures?

that might work i dont know...

-db
    05-28-08 04:34 PM
    aha...

you mean connect to the pc and use mass media and just drag and drop into my pictures?

that might work i dont know...

-db
    As stated in my original message, I've tried this but it only shows 4 pictures
    05-28-08 04:43 PM
    Ok, another twist.

So I unplug my device from the computer in order to transfer the pics to my SD card (it won't let you access the SD card unless mass media is turned off) And looking at the SD card, it has the same 4 pics that I can access on the computer. So with Mass Media turned on and the SD card in the device, I'm actually just accessing the SD card on my computer.
    So I take the SD card out and connect the BB back to the computer. Now I don't get the option to turn on Mass Media anymore. And now, of course, the computer recognizes the BB as a Removable Disk, but when I try and access it, it gives me the error 'Please insert disk'
    I enable Mass Storage in the Media Card options, but that doesn't change anything.
    05-28-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD