Hi,

I am trying to find where i can activate the Automatic key lock on the 8100 Pearl. I have a shocking memory and never remeber to lock the key pad and have made some unknown late night calls.

I know I can hold the * key down to lock manually but really need to set this to occur auto after 30 secs of no use

Many thanks
    08-08-07 12:51 AM
    Options / security / general settings / password - enable it there, and enter a password and a time frame in which for it to lock...
    08-08-07 06:28 AM
    hi,
    i don't know if there is such a functional that comes standard with all BBs, but why don't you look into an app called autolock.
    just google 'autolock' and should find the site (it's the same as softreset and colorpearl). i personally have not used the program so i can't tell you how good it is, but knowing the softreset, it's probably good.
    08-08-07 06:30 AM
    Here you go, a 'common' auto lock software for BlackBerry!
    08-08-07 07:33 AM
    Options / security / general settings / password - enable it there, and enter a password and a time frame in which for it to lock...
    This is what I do. Last thing I want is for someone to have access to all my info god forbid my BB gets into the wrong hands.
    08-08-07 03:58 PM
    Last thing I want is for someone to have access to all my info god forbid my BB gets into the wrong hands.
    So true...
    08-08-07 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD