I saw someone ask this same question recently, but at times my Pearl will automatically delete any messages I have, along with ones I receive. I don't keep any stored over a few hours, so it's not like I'm using a lot of memory.

My buddy told me I needed to get a mini SD card so I picked up a 2 gig and popped it in and it worked fine. Only last night I noticed my messages being erased again. It only happens every now and then, but it's annoying.

Is there anything I need to do as far as adjusting options or anything that could permanently remedy this? As it is I hardly have anything saved or stored on my phone minus a few ringtones I got from here.

Thanks for any help and sorry for this repeated question
    09-02-08 08:18 PM
    What is your file free under options/status ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 08:21 PM
    13494520 bytes
    09-02-08 08:23 PM
    Did you recently reset your phone? You are right above the 12 mb level of possibly losing your messages. But it will go up after a battery pull then go down with use

09-02-08 08:26 PM
    I removed a program last night and it restarted itself, aside from that, no.
    09-02-08 08:28 PM
    I'm sure your buddy was trying to help, but your buddy was wrong.
    Getting a memory card has nothing to do with, nor will it stop messages from deleting themselves. Besides, it's not like you can even store them to the card.

You have a different problem going on. How many battery pulls have you done & are you 100% about your file free amount?

Also check to see if a setting got changed & the BB isnt keeping your messages longer than it originally did. The max is "forever."

(messages > options > general options > scroll down to actions > keep messages).
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 09-02-08 at 08:34 PM.
    09-02-08 08:31 PM
    Do a search on here for stoners guide it will help you out

09-02-08 08:32 PM
    I'm sure your buddy was trying to help, but your buddy was wrong.
    Getting a memory card has nothing to do with, nor will it stop messages from deleting themselves. Besides, it's not like you can even store them to the card.

You have a different problem going on. How many battery pulls have you done & are you 100% about your file free amount?
    I've done no battery pulls. I've had the phone for a little over a month. And yeah that's the file free amount, I just checked it.

I'll check that guide when I get back from the gym.
    09-02-08 08:34 PM
    Your problem definitely seems to be memory. If you deleted an app last night and your phone restarted that could be why you have 12000000 file free. Like posted above follow stoners guide and if you go below 10000000 do a battery pull. Good luck.

09-02-08 08:41 PM
    i had the same issue with my 8820 I contacted BB via Tmobile, and they told me that is was software related. Well the software was reloaded and the same thing occurred last night and this morning. I religiously use my BB and that was a sure pain. Not only was my messages deleted, but my call log was erased as well.
    09-02-08 08:42 PM
    ok gary and kaminsky follow the memory link in my signature
    09-02-08 08:46 PM
    Follow the advice that has been given by blueberry Lex and myself and your problem will go away.

09-02-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD