Hey, i just bought an unlocked 8100 and everything on the phone is working fine. The only problem is that i have no option to turn the auto backlight feature on and off. Usually in the backlight settings under the screen/keyboard menu you have a field that says auto backlight: and then you can choose ON or OFF as im sure you all know.

My problem is, i dont have this option AT ALL! i can set the backlight delay and brightness but the auto feature is always on and i hate it!

I've checked for software updates through the desktop device manager and apparently there are no updates for my phone so my original thoughts that it could be old crappy software on the phone makes me think otherwise.

The phone was originally from t-mobile but its unlocked and working on rogers perfectly. I have friends with unlocked t-mobile phones and they have the feature on there so i dont think this is a branding thing.

Please help!!

Thanks
    Anthony
    01-11-08 03:12 AM
    You may need to reinstall or update the operating system for the phone. Not the desktop manager but the actual device firmware.

What OS are you on now? Options>>About look for 4.x.x.xx_
    01-11-08 11:21 AM
    You may need to reinstall or update the operating system for the phone. Not the desktop manager but the actual device firmware.

What OS are you on now? Options>>About look for 4.x.x.xx_
    Hey the OS version is v4.2.0.64

Which is the most current?

Thanks for your help, im a total noob with this stuff so far.
    01-12-08 04:18 AM
    ok so i saw the sticky in this forum about the new update from t-mobile for v4.2.1.107 How do i go about installing this and will it brand my phone to t-mobile if i were to install it?

Thanks
    Anthony
    01-12-08 04:22 AM
    the install for t-mobile that was posted. is it really just a matter of downloading it, backing up my stuff and then just installing it on the phone? pretty easy and straighforward?

thanks
    01-13-08 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD