I did look for a previous post and solution to my problem but couldn't find a solution. I found a thread and posted my problem within that thread about a week ago but no reply so I figured if I made a new post maybe someone will be able to help.

I use to have an option to view or save an attachment now I can't. I've been searching Crackberry for a solution. Most are saying to make sure BB attachment service is installed. When I go to check I can't find it in applications so I'm guessing it's not. I go to my Blackberry Desktop Manager to try to reinstall it but when I go to Add/Remove Applications or Update Applications, the only ones that show up are the third party applications that are installed on my phone.
    I have a BB Peal 8120 on TMobile with an unlimited data plan. I have OS 4.3 (can't upgrade to 4.5,waiting for T-Mobile to release it) and I'm running Desktop Manager v4.7.
    If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.
    I'm not interested in Documents To Go. I only want to view .doc, .pdf, and .jpg files.

Thanx
    11-24-08 10:36 AM
    It sounds like you don't have your device OS installed on your PC. You have to do that for BB Attachment service to show up on the install list. Download OS4.3 from your carrier and double-click on the .exe to install it. Then when you run DM you should see the attachment service as an installable service.
    11-24-08 12:09 PM
    Perfect. Thanks so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:46 PM
    will this work if there is more than 1 OS installed on your pc?
    05-26-10 02:24 PM
    Yes, DM will only see and use the latest OS version. But if you have more than one OS installed on your PC, you don't have the problem the OP posted, which was NOT having his OS installed on his PC.
    05-26-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD