I have been trying for quite some time now to add my ASU account to my Blackberry Pearl 8100, powered by T-Mobile and have been unsuccessful. It always says my credentials are wrong.
    Some background info,
    ASU email is powered by G-Mail so I've gone to G-Mail's website and tried the steps they had on their website for configuring a gmail account to the blackberry.
    i've also tried downloading the G-Mail application to my blackberry to sign on, but that sign on does not work either.

I'm almost positive it has something to do with ASU's security settings of some sort, but was hoping others may have already had this problem.

Thanks for all the help!
    08-02-08 04:57 AM
    Can you log on from a pc outside of ASU, like a pc from UofA?

Did you try to set up the email from your berry or a pc from the BIS site?
    When you loaded the gmail app, did you set the permissions to allow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 10:19 AM
    Yeah, i can log onto my email from any internet browser.. even from my phone when i use opera mini.
    what permissions do i need to set?
    i tried to set it up through my phone, i'm not familiar with the "BIS" site?

thanks
    08-04-08 01:30 AM
    Tmobile has an online site you can go to for blackberry support, I don't have a pc handy, it is good to have it bookmarked. At this site you can resend your service books and edit your email, like getting rid of the sent from my blackberry message.
    To set permissions go to options>advanced options>applications>and highlight the gmail app>hit the berry button and select. Edit permissions>when the new menu pops up, set all the permissions to allow>hit the back button(to the right of the trackball) and hit save, that might do it for you, but I'd still get the bis bookmarked on your pc.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD