Is there anyway to use facebook, google maps, etc. on a Tmobile 8120 without a data plan? Can I make it work over wifi? Thanks
    09-19-08 06:21 PM
    no. you should consider getting a data plan or switching to another device.
    09-20-08 05:29 PM
    What's your carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 08:52 AM
    Its Tmobile.
    09-21-08 03:47 PM
    It actually is possible. All my applications are working via WiFi, and I have no data plan and I'm on T-mobile (everything works except for push email and bb messenger. All the other stuff - GMail, Facebook etc work flawlessly). The trick is to call T-Mobile customer service (611, isn't it?) and ask them to activate you "BlackBerry Feature Enabler" and voila
    09-22-08 01:37 AM
    It actually is possible. All my applications are working via WiFi, and I have no data plan and I'm on T-mobile (everything works except for push email and bb messenger. All the other stuff - GMail, Facebook etc work flawlessly). The trick is to call T-Mobile customer service (611, isn't it?) and ask them to activate you "BlackBerry Feature Enabler" and voila
    Is there anyone to do this via mytmobile?
    09-22-08 08:35 PM
    Does anyone know if there is something similar on AT&T/Cingular's side?

I also use just the WiFi. I can get some applications (GoogleMaps, ESPN) to work fine but I can't get the Facebook application to work. Well rather, i can't get it to download properly.
    10-02-08 07:47 AM
    http://www.simplywirelessretail.com/...r%204-2007.pdf

What is the BlackBerry Feature Enabler?
    The BlackBerry Feature Enabler is a no-cost add-on that must be used when a customer activates certain
    Blackberry handhelds with a voice-only plan. It allows customers who purchase a BlackBerry and sign up for a
    voice-only plan to take full advantage of the features offered by T-Mobile. This new add-on will allow voice-only
    BlackBerry customers to use Instant Messaging*, MMS, and t-zones.
    Great news, thanks for sharing.
    10-02-08 11:39 AM
    Is there anyway to use facebook, google maps, etc. on a Tmobile 8120 without a data plan? Can I make it work over wifi? Thanks
    Hey mate. I use a TMobile BB phone every year when I travel to Ireland and rely on the WIFI alone. I'm a Sprint BB user for my everyday device but when I travel, TMobile BBs are the way to go. Especially if they are unlocked.
    05-16-10 09:12 PM
    Yes you can make a lot over wi-fi.
    I use my blackberry for search, IM, email, Facebook, Twitter, maps and more, all with free apps over wi-f, I don't have a data plan.
    Check my blog post for the details and links to download the apps
    Juan Riano Blog Archive Free Blackberry apps that run over Wi-Fi
    Last edited by jriano; 08-30-10 at 01:49 AM.
    05-18-10 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD