Is anyone having issues with applications not installing via Desktop Manager? Will we just have to wait until app versions catch up?
    11-05-07 01:32 PM
    I am finding that a lot of apps dont work well with 4.3.. My guess it wait till they change them.. I miss my BBSmart..
    11-05-07 05:19 PM
    Same here... I fired off an e-mail to SplashData (SplashID) but haven't heard back. I did my Pocketlists install OTA and it's fine.
    11-05-07 09:45 PM
    Is anyone having issues with applications not installing via Desktop Manager? Will we just have to wait until app versions catch up?
    Is it telling you that there are no applications for your device? You will need to have the Handheld OS installed to the computer along with Desktop Manager in order to get them to install via Desktop Manager. I don't think Verizon has put out the Handheld OS yet, though.
    11-05-07 10:50 PM
    Is it telling you that there are no applications for your device? You will need to have the Handheld OS installed to the computer along with Desktop Manager in order to get them to install via Desktop Manager. I don't think Verizon has put out the Handheld OS yet, though.
    Yes, that is what I'm receiving. I was also able to get BBSmart to work. It took awhile to go through all the configuration options. I'm not sure if I can tell you how I did it. My first BB and loving it.
    11-06-07 09:23 AM
    Glad to know i'm not the only one with this problem. I had to install BBSmart via OTA install. Seems to be working fine.
    11-06-07 09:16 PM
    Google Maps downloads fine but will not launch for me.

We have to wait for it to catch up, I suppose. Also, how do I disable Key Tones? I've searched everywhere and cannot find how to remove the annoying key beeps whenever I press a number...
    11-07-07 12:58 AM
    This is my first BB. My cd-rom drive is on the blitz, so installing the desktop manager from the included cd is not an option. Where can I get the software online to download?

I am with Verizon. Thanks.
    11-07-07 10:27 AM
    This is my first BB. My cd-rom drive is on the blitz, so installing the desktop manager from the included cd is not an option. Where can I get the software online to download?

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-07-07 10:49 AM
    Google Maps downloads fine but will not launch for me.

We have to wait for it to catch up, I suppose. Also, how do I disable Key Tones? I've searched everywhere and cannot find how to remove the annoying key beeps whenever I press a number...
    Options - Screen/Keyboard
    11-07-07 11:31 AM
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    They don't have 4.3 yet. I don't know if that will make a difference or not.
    11-07-07 11:33 AM
    [url=http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/]BlackBerry® Softwal]

Thank you, Pimp. But they don't have the 8130 listed on the pull down menu just yet. I have yet to unlock the full potential of my Pearl
    11-07-07 06:50 PM

Desktop manager 4.3 is available, and 4.2.2 would have worked for those of u who asked, but it seems some were havingerrors,and you are all getting the HANDHELD software confused with the DESKTOP software
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-07-07 at 07:24 PM.
    11-07-07 07:17 PM
    Is it true that you need to have the handheld software as well as the correct desktop manager software (which, if not 4.3, what is the best choice?) downloaded at the same time in order to add applications to the blackberry device?

I've had lots of issues and haven't been able to install any applications on my phone successfully (besides one that isn't compatible with the 8130 version).
    11-11-07 01:26 AM
    Yeah not much installs... I tried many apps for past phones (even the 8100) and i get the same answer from the desktop software.. Not meant for my phone, which is BS because...come on IT IS! There must be a way around this.. on my old WM5 phone i was able to install software from WM3 to WM6 on it! Does BB not support backwards compatibility!!! crazy!
    11-11-07 01:30 AM
    All who are VZW blackberry users, they've released an update for the blackberry device manager software.

'http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal'

Go here and download accordingly. After installing on your PC only, make sure that one of the options you wish to install to your BB is the MDS support. This will install a local software on your PC so that it may communicate with your phone properly and allow you to install 3rd Party Apps.

Live and Be well.
    12-27-07 06:28 AM
    That is the version of the Desktop software I am running and it will not allow me to install apps. Also, I am on BIS and and my understanding is the MDS option works for phones on BES.

So, from others have said before, do we have to wait for Verizon (or whomever) to release updated handheld BB software that will appropriately mesh with 4.3? If so, how do we install that handheld software update?
    12-27-07 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD