hey , i resently got my pearl 8130 (telus) and i want to get some more applications on it , however i dont have unlimited internet so i'd have to pay 5 cents a kb for internet. i was wondering if there is a way i can download applications for the pearl then sync them on via usb cable or something ?, thanks for the help in advance.
    07-02-08 12:28 PM
    There are different options for getting apps :

Over The Air (directly on the device using data)

OR

Download a .zip and load with AppLoader through Desktop Manager

You would wanna do the second. Welcome to CB!! Check the links in my sig for some nice starter info, one of the topics covers this as well
    07-02-08 12:33 PM
    Here's a good resource of info on the subject -

Lecture 9: How To Install and Manage Third Party Software Applications On Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-02-08 12:36 PM
    thkans for the help, everytime i try and load an app onto it using the app loader it say "no additional applications for your device were found" so im stumped again :| .. please help . would this be because my pearl is a RIM version ?
    07-02-08 03:29 PM
    thkans for the help, everytime i try and load an app onto it using the app loader it say "no additional applications for your device were found" so im stumped again :| .. please help . would this be because my pearl is a RIM version ?
    All pearls are RIM as they are the manufacturer. When you are in Desktop manager after you connect and open app loader you need to then browse to the folder on your PC that has the application you want to load. Then you can select the *.alx or*.ali file to install.
    Last edited by tourmalinecanyon; 07-02-08 at 08:47 PM.
    07-02-08 08:18 PM
    oh ok thanks ,
    07-04-08 09:20 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-04-08 09:40 AM
    sadly , im still having trouble getting apps onto the phone . the error message still pops up , i downloaded the jivetalk 30 day free trial for blackberry pearl. it was in a zipped folder , so i extracted it. then i went into the app loader, clicked ' add ' and selected the .alx , then " no additional applications for your device were found" am i doing something wrong ?
    07-05-08 07:42 PM
    any suggestions on where I can download the .ali and .alx files for apps?
    01-21-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD