hey everyone. i'm a newbie, i just got my 8130 like 4 days ago, and i've been trying to get free themes that i've downloaded off of sites onto my phone but it's not happening due to some syntax error that i'm sure a lot of you have heard people talk about. i've been through so many different forums from different blackberry sites where people are asking the same question, so i've seen all of the solutions. i tried them all, but it's just not working. upon getting my blackberry, i downloaded ther software etc.. and just today i must've downloaded the software that i've got off of the blackberry site itself like twice, two different versions, and also from another site that had a link with it. i don't understand what is going on and i'm overly frustrated. but i've been at this for the past like 3 hours so i'm not giving up. my provider is sprint, so just so you know, there is no direct software upload on their site, which i noticed for everyone else there is. when i go to Options>About> in my phone, my version says 4.3.0.71, and on the blackberry software download that i downloaded today to try and figure out my problem says v4.3.0.137 Applictions>4.3.0.71 so i figure that it supports my handheld? ugh! i don't know i'm completely frustrated and i need help. and i appreciate all of your help but i really don't need anyone saying that i need to download the latest software because i obviousy have done that a million times. thanks and sorry for being cranky but i'm seriously ready to move on from that step. thanks for anyone's help!

ps: the downloads i've downloaded are all for 8100 series, i've tried both zip and jad files, i've downloaded both as desktop manger and OAT or OTA whatever it is, so i'm sure they're the right files, but for some reason it's just not working out.
    Last edited by tarynGO; 07-30-08 at 11:17 PM.
    07-30-08 11:15 PM
    When you download to your comp. You should dl the zip. jad is for ota with your BB. You need to open the zip file and extract the alx file to your comp. Then in DM choose app loader. Go to Browse to find your alx file and select it. At this point it will place your theme into your list and it should say install on the right hand side. Click next and after it loads it will restart your BB. Leave your BB connected to your comp untill it tells you its sucessfully loaded. Hope this helps you.
    07-31-08 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD