i just switched my BB pearl Flip for a Samsung SGH-T919 (Behold) for t-mobile, my idea was not to get this phone, i wanted to get the 8120, but thats not the point.... when i had the 8220 i never saved any of my contacs in the sim card, because i was "going to get the 8120" but in the end i got the Behold, so now i lost all my contacs and i was wondering if there is anyway that i can open the .ipd backup file to view the files inside (for my contacs) because i had more that 100 contacs along with 5000 sms messages ( i dont care about the sms tho)

i would really appreciate if if someone could help me....

T.I.A.
    02-27-09 08:00 PM
    think you would have to take it down to a tmobile store to have them change it over for you.. if notyou would have to input each and everyone of them manually.. sucky thing about BB. it allows you to copy all your sim contacts to the phone but not the other way.. atleast thats what i think.. someone please prove me wrong and help us!!
    02-27-09 09:05 PM
    ABC will let you read and export your IPD files. It has a free trial, so you can see if it will do what you want.
    ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor

Parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor.
    02-27-09 09:59 PM
    i had to export them the hard way (like eleung321 said) i backed up everything in my brother's storm, them wiped it, them restored my Pearl's files into the storm, then i copied contact by contact in my behold, them i wiped the storem again, and back to restoring the storm's original files.... yup, it was that complicated and i recommend to anybody who has the same problem to give JeffH's solution a try, because it was too late for me... thnaks anyway
    03-02-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD