I haven�t dropped my phone nor done anything that would make it act the way it is acting. It started around Wednesday, I was showing my friend some videos and pictures... then BAM, it just looked as if I did a batt pull. I was just like what ever at the time, so I just continued with what I was doing. But then later on that week I uninstalled a program (vlingo), and it had to restart as always but it restarted 2 or 3 more times than necessary. I showed my mom that and she called AT&T and they said that I should delete any themes I have because the person thought that that might be the problem, so I did as told and for a little while it worked just fine. It started up again today but only did it once... So does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it in a step-by-step type of way??? Please help, I LOVE my BB!

BTW, I've only had it since August 08, so I know it�s not an old phone...

Thanks in advance!!! <3
    01-04-09 03:50 PM
    Check your file free. Options > Status. Anything under 12,000,000 is considered very low.
    01-04-09 03:58 PM
    Thanks but its not that! I have 21 million (almost 22 mil). Thanks a million though

~Ash <3
    01-04-09 04:02 PM
    You may need to update your firmware, what version are you running? (options > about) August is old when it comes to OS sometimes, they are constantly updating them to fix bugs like you're talking about.
    01-04-09 09:53 PM
    Your battery contacts might be dirty or loose. If you can see any corrosion or grime on the gold battery contacts on either the phone or battery side, then take an old fashioned pink pencil eraser and gently rub the gold contact till it shines.

Loose contacts will involve getting some needle nose pliers or tweezers and GENTLY pry the contacts on the phone side out a little to make them apply more pressure onto the battery contacts.
    01-04-09 11:30 PM
    It could be a SIM card issue as well. Take the SIM card out, look at the contacts, are they warn?? if they are, very carefully take an eraser to them, to see if you can remove the lines. If no avail, you may need to just go get a new SIM card from the store. I know Tmo is supposed to cost like $20 but the guy at the corporate store gave me a new one for free
    01-05-09 06:32 AM
    Im having the same issues as the original poster .... on my 8120.

I checked the OS version .... I have v4.3.0.72

I also checked my Options> Status ... and the file free is 10,300,286.

What does that mean? Is the the internal memory? Is there a newer version of the OS available?

Thanks for any help!
    01-05-09 03:47 PM
    Hey people! This is the poster with a new CB acct! Thanks for all your help, but I just exchanged it for a refurbished Pearl... : (, lol. Still thanks a million! CB/BB addicts are awesome!!!
    01-05-09 08:54 PM
    my blackberry restarts everytime i scroll with my trackball ... and when i try an outgoing call. whenever it restarts, the red lcd light goes on. anyone know any solution?
    02-10-09 09:13 PM
    My old phone restarted everytime I got a SMS or call, then just started restarting by itself. I returned it and got the Bold -- LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD