Hello everyone, I just bought a used unlocked pearl but when trying to activate the service, my provider told me the phone was already activated with an account so I couldnt activate it with other provider. The phone was previously activated with ATT and everything works with TIGO(its in central america) but I cant get the internet browser icon sent to me from ATT, emails work fine but no Internet Browser.(already got the books and everything from the website sent to my mobile).

Is there a way to change the PIN of the phone or to cancel the account with ATT so I can register with another account?
    12-15-07 09:20 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

There is no way to change the PIN of the device. You could try contacting AT&T and see if they will release the PIN from the previous owner's BIS account so that you can use it.
    12-15-07 09:35 AM
    Welcome! This happened to me with one of my previous BB (purchased on eBay) I simply contacted the seller, gave them the pin, and asked them to call the provider and have the pin taken off their account. If you know how to get a hold of the person you bought the phone from it should be that simple.

Good Luck!
    12-15-07 10:08 AM
    I agree with juwaack68. PINs are set by RIM the maker and you can't change that. It would be like changing your VIN on your Car. You can't register a car that is already registered to someone else.
    12-15-07 10:09 AM
    I will contact the seller, thanks for your help
    12-17-07 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD