I've had an 8100/pearl for a while, and I love it (had a Treo 650 before, gross). I've had quite a few incidents where I call/txt people while the phone is in my pocket because the keypad is not locked. I've gotten used to putting the phone on standby (holding the mute for >1 second) whenever I put it away, but I was wondering if there's any way to set the phone to automatically enter standby mode?

I don't like the "keypad lock" feature as it's less convenient to unlock the keypad (* then Call button) than the exit standby mode (just hit the mute button). I also don't use a holster. I've found a program ("Autolock") that will automatically lock the keypad when the screen dims, and I'd love to find a similar program that would do the same for standby instead.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I should reinstall BB dev software and give this a crack if there's nothing else out there. Thanks all.
    12-31-07 06:34 PM
    That would be useful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 08:42 PM
    There is no application for this that I'm aware of. You've already found AutoLock which is the closest thing. The newer Pearls come with the leather sleeve for putting the Pearl in your pocket. The sleeve has the magnet which puts it to sleep. You could try that.
    01-01-08 02:08 AM
    Nothing at this time though.
    01-01-08 02:15 AM
    Any update on this since Jan 1? I am looking for a similar solution.
    05-23-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD