I posted this in T-Mobile Carrier Discussion forum, wasn't sure where to post.

Any T-Mo reps on here, or anyone who possibly could answer? Wasn't sure where to post this. I originally had the T-Mobile Dash. However, I went through 3 bad devices. The first 2 Dash's went well for a while, but then did not receive a signal at all. On the 3rd (and last) Dash, the power button didn't work. I went into my local T-Mobile store who in turn got Customer Service on the phone. They "Multi Exchanged" the device and shipped out a BlackBerry 8220 Pearl Flip. I wanted the 8900, and was even willing to pay any extra charges, but CS said they could not do that.

I like the Flip, don't get me wrong, but the hinge seems loose, and now the raised ridges on the keyboard are making an impression on the screen. I won't say I don't like the Flip, it takes some getting used to, but it is a big switch from the Dash.

Now here is the question. Due to the loose hinge and the impression on the screen from the ridges, I don't think I made a wise exchange. I don't want to send back a 4th warranty exchange, and am not sure if I could anyway after the Multi Exchange. The CS rep was not very complete as to explaining my options. Is there a way that I could just trade out for the 8900 or similar phone, if not, would I have to pay full retail for a new phone?

I am not necessarily intent on changing the Pearl Flip, but this might help another user that has experienced the same problem.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    08-03-09 08:38 AM
    you could possibly call CS again and see if they exchage for an 8900 but I doubt it, otherwise your only other option would be to upgrade.
    08-03-09 08:48 AM
    you could possibly call CS again and see if they exchage for an 8900 but I doubt it, otherwise your only other option would be to upgrade.
    Yea, thanks. I called CS but to no avail. They weren't willing to do much of anything, to be truthful. I mean, they offered me $100 dollars off on the new Dash 3G. whoop te doo. lol. Sorry, I have a BB now and I AM NOT going back. You being a T-Mobile rep. I'm not going to take it out on ya, lol. Matter of fact, I did, used to, lol, like my T-Mobile service so much, I put in an app. for a store close to my home for part time, 2nd job kind of. I did the online assesments and all. Now I am re-considering my service and employment.

Only good thing to come out of it, multi exchange wants me to call back in two weeks when the Touch Pro 2 comes out and they will "give me a deal I can't refuse", or so they say. We will see. I will update then. For now, I am thouroughly frustrated, and am going to go rant on my blog. Still, I like T-Mobile better than any service I have had in this area, and the Pearl Flip isn't all that bad. Peace out, I will update.
    08-03-09 03:23 PM
    I know on my Flip it did seem like to wiggle a little, but it was still pretty sturdy, even after dropping it numerous times in my cubicle at work.
    08-05-09 07:57 PM
    I understand your modest frsutration. I, too, like the flip. I, too, have the loose hinge. I too, have the loose battery cover.

I have a few other frustrations as well. In my case TMo has always provided good customer service. Given your history with the one phone that you had 3 examples of (which were all defective---granted), AND, the fact that they exchanged THAT one for yet another model, and you now seem to want/desire yet a different phone...

I mean, at some point, they have to draw the line...I mean we have to be honest with each other.

I went thru the ringer like you did with several models of a phone --- neither one of them worked right --- and they allowed me to try the flip.

Does it have quirks? Yes

Do I have issues with the appearance of poor quality (hinge/battery cover, etv)? Yes

Has it been working OK? sort of...

Do I like it? Yes.... even so.

I just think that RIM has a wonderful concept of a device, but fell a LITTLE short on execution. It's a shame. I am thinking about changing models through an odd twist of fate (see my other post).

Otherwise, I would just roll with it until my normal upgrade time.

I know you're frustrated at the moment. Understandable. But, I must say, I can not fault T-Mobile's CS. My experience has always been good.

Best of luck.

EDit: Re-read your post. True. some CS reps do NOT go thru all of the options. You have to be polite and ask for all options availalabe to you. I dunno, you could call and talk to a supervisor. Asking is free. Politeness and being a little humble may go a long way. Worth a shot.
    Last edited by grumpyaeroguy; 08-05-09 at 08:58 PM.
    08-05-09 08:55 PM
    @grumpyaeroguy ... I thouroughly agree with you. And no matter what business or personal relationships I encounter, I always handle them with tact and politeness. I am, in a sort of way, in a customer service field. I am a pharmacy technician. Nowadays, I usually travel to other branch pharmacies to set them up or to do inventory, but I do remember the days when I was behind the counter. I did not like when customers would come in being irate and cursing at me or my staff. And believe me, I witnessed a lot of irate and cursing customers. Its just the nature of the business, pharmacy customers are already tired and frustated when they reach us, after the long wait at the hospitals usually. So I do not believe in being irate in handling business.

As well, T-Mo has always been friendly and courteous when I talk with them. I have been with several carriers, and T-Mo has, by far, the best CS.

I think that if my first phone from T-Mo would have been the BlackBerry instead of the Dash, I do believe I would feel a little differently about the whole situation. And by the way, it's been a little over two weeks now, and the BB has lasted longer than the first Dash I got from them.

Yes, understandably, after 4 devices, there should be a line drawn. I agree, I don't think I should get my 5th device free of charge entirely. When I posted that I was frustrated. I do hope to get a good discount on the Touch Pro2, the BB 8900, or I might even go with the myTouch 3G, but I understand that the discount, of course, will not be the amount I am looking for. I am just going to suck it up, sell the BB Pearl Flip for whatever I can get out of it, and use that toward a different phone.

No matter what happens, I will remain with T-Mo. I have only had great service from them so far, even going through 3 defective devices. I only hope that the new device will be worry free.
    08-06-09 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD