Just wondering; am I the only Pearl user that hopelessly log into Crackberry several times a day looking for a little Pearl love? Not much love but just a crumb or two every once in a while! I didn't think my 8130 would have that "legacy feel" so soon...
    11-13-09 08:52 AM
    Its felt that way for a while now. So much so that I jumped ship and got a storm 1. The pearl was a great phone but I must say the storm is awesome. Got a good deal on it and since an upgrade is far off I got it used. Upgraded the OS and wow what a phone. Gonna miss the pearl though. We shared good times together. And it was with me through the bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 09:52 AM
    I'm not sure what you're looking for. Most of the apps that come out work for Pearls. We already know as an older device it's not gonna get much more in the way of OS, maybe I'm just old school, but I manage to enjoy my Pearl to the tune of over 500MB a month. Occasionally, I even use it as a phone.

11-13-09 08:30 PM
    There is no doubt wulf that you are king of the pearl. And I am in complete agreement that the pearl is an incredible device. I too wore out several TBs. Many things I already miss about that phone. The only reason I even considered the storm was its ability to have the SureType keyboard. I have no interest in a full qwerty device. I have to one thumb type way too often. But after getting the storm the screen size and resolution is unreal compaired to the pearl. It is quite heavy though compared to the pearl. Amazing such a small light weight phone like that can be packed with the same capabilities as any other BB.

11-13-09 09:06 PM
    Thanks hooty, though IDK about all that. I do have to dish out one little private detail though. The woman I most cherish, she calls me BB King.

11-13-09 09:46 PM
    I love my 8110 & I won't get ride of it. I'm also a big fan of Suretype.
    11-13-09 10:30 PM
    I like my pearl, but the limitations of it are getting too much - only 64MB for app memory, and I'm itching for 3G now. getting the bold 9700 soon. thats right, I went from the bottom of the bottom to the top of the top.
    11-14-09 02:09 PM
    I went from the bottom of the bottom to the top of the top.
    Agreed! I'm going from the 8110 to the 9700 the moment my store gets one in!
    11-14-09 02:53 PM
    Excuser-moi but the Pearl is not bottom.
    11-14-09 06:01 PM
    I like my pearl, its the only phone I have thats small and has an awesome camera.

It's on cue with my windows mobile phone, but since my winmo is smartphone not ppc, its more boring since alot of the apps dun work. :'(

the bb 8130 is kewl though I can slip it in m pocket in a heartbeat
    11-14-09 07:22 PM
    Oh, don't get me wrong! I haven't upgraded yet becuz I love my 8130. I've never had one issue with it; never a call to tech support (with Crackberries help). I am ready for a little bit more memory though. Don't want to part with SureType either. Don't care for the 8230 although it's not too bad. I'm looking at the Storm 1 since most are saying that it's pretty stable now and the price is right. Thanks for the comments!!!
    11-15-09 05:55 AM
    i want the remodded pearl, i heard/read somewhere they are coming, but it will mean another wait, the 9700 is the one for me as it is comparable to the 8900 hence size wise will not be a shocker, I hope.
    11-15-09 08:39 PM
    The storm 1 is a very solid device now.

11-16-09 12:19 AM
    i LOVE my pearl; at first it took a while to get used to the keyboard, and i've had track ball problems; but the suretype and everything else about it i have adapted to, i'm a power user.
    i have an 8GB memory card in mine
    i'd like the blackberry bold or the blackberry tour, though i would hate to part with SureType.
    11-17-09 12:51 AM
    I love my pearl 'cause I don't care for Large phones. I knew their would be some things it would not do compared to other BB's. I recently checked out the Pearl Flip - don't know about that one yet.
    11-17-09 03:27 PM
    I hear ya. I upgraded to a Curve 8900 not too long ago. I love the larger memory and the keyboard. Well, I've been through 3 Curves (all kinds of misc issues) and now my Curve isn't working at all so I am back to using the Pearl 8120 - thank God I kept it as a spare. It took me a few hours to adjust and other than the memory issues and the phone being a little hard to see (my eyesight sucks), I am really digging the suretype. Now I have to decide whether to replace the Curve or go with the Bold from TMO
    11-21-09 11:53 AM
    I went from the pearl 8120 from T-Mobile 4.5 OS love it. Still have it but had to have the new track pad instead of the ball. I liked the sur type and probably would have kept my pearl if I had seen the new pearl on it's way sooner. Saying that I can not put the new 9700 down. Crisp, big screen, fast as heck although living in the Boston area my pearl was also very fast. I tethered off my pearl when on the road with my laptop and it was pretty fast due to great service in this area. Pearl is a great phone, good camera and the size is perfect. I have the case-mate leather wrapped around some flexible material along with the matching holster. Looking for the same case to come out for my 9700.
    11-21-09 12:20 PM
    Love suretype! Can't go back to qwerty. I just wish I could run apps from memory card. I stopped going to Appworld.

11-23-09 11:51 PM
    I feel ya Felicia-SU; same here
    11-24-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD