I wanted to see if there was a way to fix the SureType where it will save more of the words that I regularly use. I have added some to the custom dictionary but for example my previous Voyager phone from Verizon would automatically save common words that I used with the T9 function, etc.

I'm trying to hang onto my Pearl and not get the Curve when it comes out for Verizon in the next few months, but lately I feel like the SureType is driving me crazy!

Any suggestions?
    03-12-08 05:49 PM
    No, nothing to add. It will begin to learn your typing habits and words you use often.
    03-12-08 05:54 PM
    Yeah, when trying to sell people BBs I always say "if you have a friend with a strange name, for example, after a week or so of typing that name a few times the Pearl will realise and add the name to it's list"

Not that I'm a salesman, I just help people in phone stores sometimes, I should get commission!
    03-12-08 06:11 PM
    if you spell it and press enter when it was highlighted, doesnt it save it to the custom word list? I though it did, but hey, i used a Pearl for 2 days only, so i really don't know. lol
    03-12-08 07:07 PM
    if you spell it and press enter when it was highlighted, doesnt it save it to the custom word list? I though it did, but hey, i used a Pearl for 2 days only, so i really don't know. lol
    That's what I thought too
    03-12-08 07:08 PM
    WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Congrats GOD!!!!!
    03-12-08 07:14 PM
    Okay so if I press enter with the word highlighted it will save it into my custom dictionary? That's good to know if so, thanks.
    03-12-08 08:10 PM
    Suretype is so nice. I found myself typing a regular email today expecting my really horrible type-os to fix themselves.

On a somewhat related subject, it would be funny to enter a bunch of bad words into someone else's autotext list. Like replace the word "the" with "@s$" or just a bunch of other crude language. April fools day is coming up... I read you could do that with the custom word list in Word. It would probably work on someones BB too.
    03-12-08 10:08 PM
    Yeah just turn spell check on for all your emails, then when it's like "purplemonkeydishwasher" isn't a real word, then you just add it to the custom dictionary, and it will even let you know if you spell it wrong in the future and correct you! My custom dictionary has hundreds of words...

I automatically have it change some... whenever i would type Haha it would register Haga, so i just told it to replace haga with haha every time... you get the idea..
    03-13-08 09:23 PM
    haga haga haga!
    03-14-08 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD